Saturday the 3rd September

Zipuli

Hello!

I am calling out the old gang, along with new faces, for a get-together starting Sep 3rd. There'll be a "mini-campaign" with the emphasis on battalion level "conventional" combat, with the blue side manning a company and some key roles within the Bn. This'll be a series of 4 COOP scenarios with human OPFOR. There'll be a set of "rules" (forced by mission design) to make it even more interesting. It'll play on saturdays, as some key players are unable to play on sundays. I'll post more info about the scenario and mission later, but for now I'd like to ask for players to step up for the following tasks within a Battalion strenght battlegroup:

-Battalion Recce Platoon Leader

-Battalion Anti-Tank Platoon Leader

-Tank Company CO

-Tank Company FOO

-Tank platoon ldr x3

-Mech Inf Plt Ldr

-OPFOR player(s) 1-2

The idea is to play with 10-15 players. If you're up for it, sign up here. If you're wondering what will it be about, see Brave Rifles video AARs and you'll get the idea ;)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So assuming the OPFOR player(s) does more than just watch the AI how is this supposed to work?

Earlier against the AI controlled OPFOR, this forum was where Orders and Fragos were issued and proposed SOM were backbriefed to the CO.

This doesn't quite work so well if the person controlling OPFOR can read the same posts.

I will be the OPFOR "coordinator" and the OPFOR players (a few people) will work as "operators" for units. It will not be normal H2H, it'll be more about having more intelligent (hopefully :D) opposing force that will save me a couple of years of scripting and testing! IIRC we did one mission in the Congo campaign same way and it did bring a LOT more fun and challenge for the blue side players.

The OPFOR will also have its own mission and will decide a few important things along the way sticking to a plan, so finding out bits and pieces of this plan by recon and such will be essential for the blue side (and there will be a twist or two for the recon to succeed!). Being able to predict what is going to happen next and where will hopefully give the blue side a chance to not die horribly! The scenarios (4) will be phases of the single battle, but the outcome is what comes out of it, the battle will develop freely!

I'd love to join this game. I am a very new player, so don't put me in any critical spots, but I would love to join you guys.

If I had a choice i'd be in recce, forward observer or a tank platoon. I can be a 2ic or a vehicle commander for anyone's platoon.

I'm confirming that I will be there.

Edited by krause

So assuming the OPFOR player(s) does more than just watch the AI how is this supposed to work?

Earlier against the AI controlled OPFOR, this forum was where Orders and Fragos were issued and proposed SOM were backbriefed to the CO.

This doesn't quite work so well if the person controlling OPFOR can read the same posts.

The enemy is always watching keep that in mind!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it will be either midday-ish at saturday (1300 GMT), ot then it has to be moved for sunday 4th, as something came up for saturday 1600 GMT--> for me. You guys throw suggestions on which one is better?

Like I said, I will post the sce info and such during this week!