Best beer ever

tankenator

What is your opinion of the best beer ever? Memory (faded as it is) gives me a fond recollection of Werner Hefeweisen from the schweinfurt germany region from my deployment. Currently i am drinking Hacker Pschorr weisse, which is quite tasty (and alcoholic, am feeling quite the buzz from three of em.....been awhile ....)

Although I do recall that Salvator from Poulaner was quite nice with a good buzz and taste to match....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the writing on the six-back of Salvator (or the bottle lable) and you will find that it is a Malt Liquor and not really a beer at all. I bought a six-pack several months ago and found that it's not drinkable. I drank one bottle and poured the rest down the kitchen sink.

funny top, its called a malt liquor here in the states because some states require anything with higher than a threshold amount of alcohol in them to be labeled as such. It is a dopplebock beer....as to whether it is undrinkable, thats a personal opinion.....I just cant believe you poured it down the sink.....:(

Hang on a minute ! :o Since when Americans know about beer ??? :mrgreen:

Unless they get the good stuff from a store selling Euros beers , they 're stuck with rubbish local stuff .

All of us ~Europeans~ should pray for these poors Lads :calim: :angel: :mrgreen:

We are soo lucky and they 're soooo unlucky ... :mrgreen:

Btw , I agree with Shot :

There is no such thing as an 'undrinkable' beer. Except for Carling Black label.

What beer Americans like ?

The wet kind

(I did not say it)

Cheers . :3starSK:

blue, im afraid you are falling for the typical stereotype, we have many fine local brews... here in pennsylvania we have stoudts and yuengling in the east as well as many fine out in the western part of the state....and tons of microbrews that make fine fine brews. If thats not good, come to my place sometime, i have a wonderful homebrewed ale on tap....:D

blue, im afraid you are falling for the typical stereotype, we have many fine local brews... here in pennsylvania we have stoudts and yuengling in the east as well as many fine out in the western part of the state....and tons of microbrews that make fine fine brews. If thats not good, come to my place sometime, i have a wonderful homebrewed ale on tap....:D

In my opinion, as a heavy beer drinker, I think Bluewings is absolutely right. Most of the microbrews taste like ass to me. I drink the cheapest crap you can get in a 30 pack because all american beer is pretty much the same. It must be said that German beer > *.* I got spoiled by my time deployed.

tsk tsk, you are welcome to your opinion, but there are very fine beers out there, and if you arent happy with the quality of them, for gods sake, make your own....its easy, fun and much cheeper in the long run to make 10 gallon batches full grain than buy cheep rotgut beer....

Since when Americans know about beer ???
Mon ami, there are some fine and tasty beers to be had in the US and we do not all bow in homage to the major breweries. You have but to fly out and I will educate you. We also get a lot of imports, though they tend to be rather pricey. Had a Chimay the other night, very tasty and very strong and very expensive.

Some of the microbrews available are very nice indeed, and in my estimation do not 'taste like ass' not that I know what ass tastes like. At any rate; there are some earnest artisans in these parts and they turn out (generally) a right-fine product. i look forward to educating you.

Shot

I just finished off a bottle of Hofbrau from Munich, and I've got a six-pack of Moosehead, Labatt Blue, and Samual Adams Lager ready to go when I finish up the Hofbrau.

However, I still say that drinking Guiness is what makes the Brits talk funny.