Action Phase Problem

JohnN

in the action phase it seems to be restricted and ill tell you why. Id like to be able to refuel or load ammo from hemmtt and ural, but without the move to here command available it would be a long drive to get to destination by driving. With only 90 minute scenarios available it would take too long. Maybe you can create multiple deployment zones around the battlefield and move them instantly that way to be closer to where you need them. idont really understand the need for deployment zones beacause you can place any vehicle on the map and assign stay tactics without a special zone and deploy it from there when your ready. Thanks JohnN

i dont think there is a save game feature in steel beasts because the battles are fairly short and easy to complete in one sesion but it would be nice for long drawn out campaigns. most games i know do but there must be a good reason

Deployment zones are an option if you want to set up you force stukture(tanks inf front? Inf, in front) befor the game starts. You can only move vehicles around in the mission editor, if there is nor deployment zone then the vehicles will be where they are at gamestart. You can then ONLY drive them to where you want them to be.

You can make more then one deployment zone and "rotate" forces between them, again befor the sce starts.(may that be supply trucks or what ever you like)

You can NOT rotate supply vehilces during the game. (which would amount o beaming them around)

One option you could use: setup a "supply" point where you need it, and bring the truck there with a "spawn if.." condition. Again I would call that "cheating", but if it suits you gameplay...

I would recomend moving the supply units forward with as march or engage route, so they are close to you line units when you need them. You just need to balance between speedy supply and safety for you trucks.