Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

krause

The latest nvidia drivers (august 2011) make SB pro lock up uncontrollably

See thread title.

If you have the august 2011 nvidia drivers, it causes the game to lock up uncontrollably. Symptoms are, mission starts off fine, then 3-5 seconds later the screen becomes stuck. If you ctrl-alt-delete it will unfreeze the screen for 1-2 seconds, then lock up again, and again.

Yep had to roll back the driver to version 275.33 and it is stable again. Wasn't just SB that it affected I found that it had made my computer just that bit slower and other programs were stuttering. The roll back seems to have cured that.

Greetings all,

Reference the Nvidia drivers, please specify the exact version from Aug. that you are referring to. Are you operating Win XP or Win 7, 32bit or 64bit. Series 200,300,400,500 card. As not all systems will experience the same results from the same drivers.

The last drivers I have installed were the

release date: 2011.08.09,

version: 280.26 WHQL,

file size: 100 MB

Later,

9erRed

Awards

Correct, it was 280.26. I have since rolled back Also:

http://www.krauselabs.net/dump/dxdiag.txt

For those who are in distress and reading this, what I used to roll back was an amazing feature of windows 7:

If you go to device manager for your 3d card, there is an option to rollback the drivers. All you do is click on it and it automagically rolls you back. Such a sweet feature.

Same problems here with 280.26 we tested it on Windows 7 32 and 64 bit on a Nvidia 560GTX and 8600 GT M. Nvidia is aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

Same problems here with 280.26 we tested it on Windows 7 32 and 64 bit on a Nvidia 560GTX and 8600 GT M. Nvidia is aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

That's great news. However, with the newest beta driver - 285.27 - the problem is still there...

That's great news. However, with the newest beta driver - 285.27 - the problem is still there...

Well the fact Nvidia is working on a fix doesnt mean Esim can sit back and wait ;)

Actually, it does. There is already a workaround - older drivers - and unless there was really a compelling reason for it, it'd be a poor use of limited programming time to devote it to program around certain weird driver quirks that are likely to be eliminated in later driver versions (only to let us discover then that the programmed workaround then causes other problems for which yet another fix is needed).

I'd rather concentrate us working on actually useful stuff, and keep the responsibilities where they belong - drivers with the hardware vendors, application quality with eSim.

Actually, it does. There is already a workaround - older drivers - and unless there was really a compelling reason for it, it'd be a poor use of limited programming time to devote it to program around certain weird driver quirks that are likely to be eliminated in later driver versions (only to let us discover then that the programmed workaround then causes other problems for which yet another fix is needed).

I'd rather concentrate us working on actually useful stuff, and keep the responsibilities where they belong - drivers with the hardware vendors, application quality with eSim.

Agree lets hope Nvidia fix this :)

Just got the game and had a lock-up. Downloaded the new beta drivers and after 2 scenarios had another lock up. First time was just driving (before installing new beta drivers). This time was firing the Bradley 25. Gun locked and just kept firing. It's definitely the NVIDIA drivers causing this. It is well reported on the web. I can't use Firefox without getting the "drivers have stopped working" message. Funny thing is IE9 never does this.:shocked:

Anyone tried the latest 285.62 WHQL drivers yet ?

I don't see them on Nvidia's website, well not for Win 7 64 bit anyway, just for the 32bit version.

Hmm, they wern't there when I looked last night. Got them now and will try them later.

I did some testing with the new NV 285.65 drivers and so far so good , no lockups !!

I did some tank range and instant action tests only .

:)

I did some testing with the new NV 285.65 drivers and so far so good , no lockups !!

I did some tank range and instant action tests only .

:)

If it means anything, I've had no problems so far with the new driver.