'partially playable'

RICH12ACE

For those that want the T-xx to be playable, may I ask how often you play the LeoAS1 vs the M1/M1A1 or Leo 2 in an MP session? I know of few players who will volunarily select the AS1 if given the choice, so I would predict the novelty fading away very quickly for a T-xx. So really, why bother investing the time/resources at all?

For those that want the T-xx to be playable, may I ask how often you play the LeoAS1 vs the M1/M1A1 or Leo 2 in an MP session?

I used to play symetric scenarios in MP like Evil_HESH, but yeah, since red and blue have an overall equal chance to win...

(But I think it's more a statement that the Txxs are crap than just a question)

why bother investing the time/resources at all?

I don't know maybe:

-to have a first eastern designed tank playable (the IA is fun and all but that won't replace a real person).

-to add diversity into tank fights than just M1/Leo(old/news farts).

-to end that strange sensation of NATO vs NATO in a meaningless conflict.

-because, IIRC, some artworks have been done.

-to give a basic experience that could help (like the instructors who had to find the meaning of the ammo selector in Irak).

-to bring more people that are maybe Txx fans or just pissed by M1s/Leos.

-because if you really like tanks you should be able to ignore the weakness of the hardware and show your skills.

Just my 2 cents.

For those that want the T-xx to be playable, may I ask how often you play the LeoAS1

Seeing that it is probably more common for people to play uncrewable T tanks than a playable AS1 at least says that people want to play the part.

I play OPFOR all the time in MP. Its fun to try and ruin someones day with crappy tanks.

Currently we are playing in a campaign where 4 people are using non playable units.

9erRed played many a time as OPFOR commander.

ShotMagnet being the good faux commie, also manned a few T tanks in his day.

So there is some interest in T tanks......and strangely the only time I see AS1s is when its trying to be something it is not.

T-series tanks are desireable because they're widely fielded. Iconic, even.

yes and they look good when they implode after a long burst from a 25mm,they really just add to the carnage.lets see some modern MBTs instead of all these old junkers,while nice id rather see all the units we have now playable instead of adding new stuff.and of course a infantry fix,which i understand is in the works.limited arty ammo would be nice too.

YMMV:)

i would say the current equiptment fielded by the countrys in the sim,going back 20 yrs(or current model) is a good start.of course i realise the sim didnt start out that way.also getting the specs for the current gen of AFVs is probally impossible let alone a look inside to model the interior.i would like to see what we have refined to be playable,id love to gun a Marder or a 901 ITV.To me it seems the sim is being pulled into too many directions and is becoming a bit distorted.its still awesome,but it needs more direction.lets fix up whats in the sim and work onplayable AFVs already in the sim.:)

For those that want the T-xx to be playable, may I ask how often you play the LeoAS1 vs the M1/M1A1 or Leo 2 in an MP session? I know of few players who will volunarily select the AS1 if given the choice, so I would predict the novelty fading away very quickly for a T-xx. So really, why bother investing the time/resources at all?

why bother investing the time/resources at all

why?

I can tell you why

Because the professional users want one!

Given that the likely hood of a REAL full scale tank on tank war pretty much died with the cold war isn't it no the case the this is more of a 'what if' history study?

Take a look at other sims out there, people are not flying Sopwith camel's F-16's Harrier's etc because they were Uber or a still valid technology they are doing it out of nostalgia and a homage to the past exploits of long gone warriors, or as hypothetical studies of how things might have played out.

For my two cents SB is rapidly becoming a nostalgia fest given that it all seems to have been founded back in the day when the hypothetical invasion of Germany in a cold war gone hot scenario was the real threat?

Back to the T-XXX's are not all the modern day tanks built on the principle that mother Russia would storm the borders on mass not in pathetic little one on ones but with odds that would likely mean that you would need a machine that was capable of sustaining two or three direct hits?

Will any of our current enemies bother with tanks when a well placed airstrike will do the job?

Where is the challenge of beating up some half arsed A.I when you could play a Lion and Locusts scenario with humans doing the fighting and not guided automatons or facsimiles.

I think some of the reason you don't see crew-able Russian tech is the optics are too bloody complicated for the engine.:biggrin:

Finally its not always about the wining its about the taking part some time's and shitting with da man just because you can.

None of this is spoken with the expectation of any kind of resolution or influence just my perspective on it

:remybussi: