Season is open

Ssnake

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In the long run, yes. But not immediately. Getting all the infantry in the proper locations and to animate them with reasonable quality costs a lot of time - or needs tools and methods that we still have to buy and/or develop ourselves.

Sprites are so much easier. They look like shit and nobody expects them to do anything fancy.

;)

Give me a half dozen of those vulcan D-10's, and set my friend up here with the whole shmear. Ya know, clubs, bags, shoes, gloves, shirt, pants. Hey, orange balls, I'll have a box of those, gimme a box of those naked lady tees, gimme two of those, gimme six of those.

In the long run, yes. But not immediately. Getting all the infantry in the proper locations and to animate them with reasonable quality costs a lot of time - or needs tools and methods that we still have to buy and/or develop ourselves.

Sprites are so much easier. They look like shit and nobody expects them to do anything fancy.

;)

Good to hear that will be worked on on future patches. Thanks.

• Members

I always said that the 3D characters were just the beginning of a much longer project of updating the looks of SB Pro (and to increase its functionality in the field of asymmetrical conflicts).

Of course we'll continue to try and keep it up to date with respect to symmetrical combat scenarios, as I am quite confident that the current emphasis on counter-insurgency etc. in training is probably at an extreme, or maybe even beyond it. Conventional conflicts will make a return into the focus of army training.

I always said that the 3D characters were just the beginning of a much longer project of updating the looks of SB Pro (and to increase its functionality in the field of asymmetrical conflicts).

Of course we'll continue to try and keep it up to date with respect to symmetrical combat scenarios, as I am quite confident that the current emphasis on counter-insurgency etc. in training is probably at an extreme, or maybe even beyond it. Conventional conflicts will make a return into the focus of army training.

So this assymetric training its just a "fashion" then? :)

• Members
So this assymetric training its just a "fashion" then? :)

No... but the extreme, almost exclusive focus on it in training will recede once that the current operations end. I'm not saying that it is a passing fad. But armies are beginning to realize that the extreme manpower demands of two simultaneous deployments over the course of a decade result in capability losses in the field of conventional, high intensity combat. So it's somewhat inevitable that the pendulum will swing back at some point, if it hasn't already begun to do so.

Can we crew the motorcycle with a civilian?

Glad to see its finally got a character on it, was a bit weird before (in SB Pro) when it moved around by itself. :)

i wonder will i be able to hit a moving motorbike with a heat round at say 2000m

it will be fun to try.

TOW works better.

Yer but wheres the skill in that.to make it even more fun i am going to try it in the T72

In saying that i have trouble hitting a building at 1000m.ha i should set up a online range and give it a try.it would give all the m1 and leopard hot shot gunners a taste of humble pie.