SB Pro PE 2.6x general information

Ssnake

Kiwis reinforcing the Aussies on our home turf, that means we're really in trouble then. Thank God it's not our air force requiring reinforcement... no help there.

I do love Kiwis though, given I married one and live over here. ;-)

Ah well its all designed to get them to come here while our covert boys sneak in over there and reclaim "Bill".

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian Coyote (ASLAV) and LAVIII don't have the fancy-nancy FCS. Our gunners can superelevate and lead without computer assistance.

Instead, we sprung for the gucci tacnav system that generates not just a range off the LRF, but a bearing and 10-figure grid too. Plus we got the laser warning system (that the Kiwis seem to have on theirs, based on the sensor head on the turret)

Plus the extra armor and spall liner on both vehicles - and the stuff that went to the sandbox got extra protection shields for the hatches so you're a little better protected when hatches up.

It'd be REAL easy to convert Aussie ASLAV-25, ALAV-PC, and NZLAV to Coyote, Bison, and LAVIII (it's mostly just pulling off the FCS and changing the reticules) and we'd have Canadian armored recce and infantry covered. Add an English interior to Leo1A5 and Leo2A4/A6 and you'd have the whole Corps. Then we could bring the CAT back.

DG

New video on YouTube channel. :)

Centurion vs AT-3 and T-55 and then time warps to a combined AUS/ NZ/ US force engaging Czech and East Germans (ARH, LAV III and dismounted TOW against ZSU 23/4 and BMP1 / T-72 equipped forces).

What I would like to see, and it may be happening when firing at helicopters and that is smoke being trailed by the helicopter when it is hit and going down.

Being able to recreate the Yom Kippur War now in a much more realistic way is superb. Still...no tank wreck model on the horizon?

I still have my fingres crossed for a crewable M-60, thatwill make the game a lot better for me as at the moment we don't have any of the tanks involved as crewable.

BTW Is me osr the TOW launcher will be crewable?

Yep no room left after the fridge goes in there.

Exactly, don't want to give the dismounts a good enough gun to disable the vehicle with the fridge in it. :)

Kiwis don't need a fridge as its all around them outside.

What Kind of Fridge are you lot hauling around??!

Chest Freezers?

Let me guess the MRH-90 is a Freezer resupply unit?

:biggrin:

I still have my fingres crossed for a crewable M-60, thatwill make the game a lot better for me as at the moment we don't have any of the tanks involved as crewable.

BTW Is me osr the TOW launcher will be crewable?

So M-60 will be the new T-72 then?

I thought that it would go down the bobbing-roadwheels track ;-)

What Kind of Fridge are you lot hauling around??!

Not quite but when your Close Trg Area is such than AME takes hours to transit (as opposed to the "goldern hour") and is full of a bunch of natural nasties it tends to be a god idea to take a bunch of medical supplies (and have a guy in the Tp trained up) so that you can pretty much deal with anything in th hours your are waiting for the helo to arrive.

But basically the gun vehicles don't have room for dismounts with the stores on board so the size of the Tp grew from 5 in the M113 days to 6 now (4 x gun LAV, 2 x PC LAV).

It just gets better and better.

But a list of all the proposed additions.would be even better.

I can understand the concept of a slow release of information to keep the punters wanting more.

But in fairness most of the members of this site would Gladly purchase it right now.

There is no need for the hard sell.you could still release pics and videos.in a staggered manner.

Its just my opinion.and yes i am inpatient guy.

Well after looking at the video again and after Wicked mention a Bergepanzer, I'm assuming that is what it is, wonder what else there is that is not mention yet :)

Is there any new helicopters in v2.6, for example an AH-64A, sure would like to see it in the sim?

:eek2: :eek2:

time to update again the wiki Volcano!! :sonic:

In Steel Beasts the tank commander's (TC) position on the Leopard 2A4 is fully crew-able but partially modeled. The TC's position is accessed by pressing F7.

:biggrin:

aha! I know it !!! all was a cover-up tactic! the Leo 2A4 cockpit was there and the wiki tactic make me think wrong! also was a nice touch see a little of the T-72 in action, sounds keep sounding great!

thanks! :drink: