SB 2.6....

BANDIT7

you know, from the time that I played SB when it first came out, up to now I fell in love with the game since I do the actual tanking. What I dont get is you guys introduced the M1, M1A1, M2 Bradley and others. What would be a great addition to the SB fleet would be the M1A1 SA tank with the ability to shoot the .50 cal at night with its own night sight under the equibilator. to be able to engage all weapon systems day or night that would be ideal.

Well that makes no sense that Optics are not important. the entire U.S. Army is going to M1A2 SEP Version 2 (CROWS weapon system). even the units in korea are finally upgrading them tanks. The only unit in the army that is not getting them but will be getting M1A1SA tanks is NTC (National Training Center). I know this because I am a Abrams Crewman and Know people on the GD (General Dynamics) Team and they tell us all the neat upgrades. I Myself have been on various M1 Series tanks (M1, M1A1D, M1A1 Aims, M1A1HC, M1A1 SA, M1A2 (IVIS system), M1A2 SEP V1 (Flex .50 Cal), M1A2 SEP V2 (CROWS Weapon System).

Alot of the Veterans know me. as a matter of fact, The voice of the Bradley TC is one of my good friends (Timothy Brady, SSG USA). ELF, Saun, VIPER666, Ssnake, RENEGADE-623, BRUN, DUKE, SHERMAN. Ill be making my home here in the SB community Permanently play and answer any M1 series questions. I love my job and my time as a true tanker is coming to an end. It is going to break my heart when It is time to leave the beast for good.

No one's challenging your credentials, or your "who you know" here.

Gibson just pointed out why HIS army isn't paying for the upgrade. (And they use the sim professionally, IIRC) Since the US isn't an SB Pro customer, there doesn't seem to be a paying customer to make such things like M1A1SA upgrades practical. GD can have all the cool stuff...just get them to fund SB Pro and I'm sure we'll see some of it! ;)

I know you've been gone, but the "why things make it into the sim" conversation has been happening for YEARS. We all have favorite things we'd like to see. :) Hell...I'm an M1-series fan myself, but I've come to accept that it gets less development cycles due to the practicality of the eSim business model.

Certainly wasn’t trying to p*ss you off.

The thread referenced basically boils down to:

“We have spent bazillions on full crew simulators from General Dynamics, why would we pay again to get it replicated in SB Pro?”

Again, we do not use SB Pro as a gunnery / crew trainer.

Absolutely no offence intended. :)

I understand you was not trying to p*ss me off. And I sure know that SB pro is not meant for gunnery purposes either. But If the SB designers decide to implement modern vehicles, why not implement the most recent M1A1 Tank or M3 Bradley. The M1A1 SA still has the same FCS with the exception to the BIOC system. and the .50cal Night optics. Im not mad, just asking questions :)

And I sure know that SB pro is not meant for gunnery purposes either....

On that al least the Danes would disagree, they use it as a gunnery trainer. (a.f.a.I.k.)

I'm just guessing, but I think: Esim will spent dev. time on things they get paid and on others (like the T-72??) when they got time for it. The ratio between the 2 options is (hopefully for esim) towards the 1st. Th M1 we got last year, was probably not to time-expensive.

So there are 2 ways I see a new M1 (A2, SEP or what not) model comming:

-US MoD buys one for SBpro

-they find some "spare" programmers time, and make one for SBproPE

Well the ability to use the T72 Tank full time was warranted. We had no ability other than the fact of point in the direction of travel and go. now you can get in and full control of it. Im wondering if they implemented the ability to fire an ATGM out of the main gun like they do in real world. (firing the ATGM through the gun tube renders the T72's Main gun inop after the only round get fired through it. Its a last ditch survival for them). Im wondering if the BMP will be a fully controlled vehicle as well.

and as for future M1 Mods? I dont know if Esim will come up with something like that

Greetings all,

The ATGM is normally the max range first choice round for the 125mm.

With a range of 4000 to 5000 mtrs, (9M119 Svir/Reflecks Missiles) HEAT; (9M119M1 Reflecks-M Missile) HEAT-T, it was the only engagement round that would match the NATO ranges. [ AT-11 Sniper ]

And it did not damage the tube, it did require a "pusher" launch back plate to get it out the barrel but was rocket driven from there. Normal tank reloads are 3.

Notes: This is an improved gun-fired ATGM designed for later Russian tanks. There are three types of Sniper missiles: the 9M119 Svir, fired by the T-72B, T-72S, and 2A45M antitank gun; and the 9M119 Reflecks and 9M119M Reflecks-M, fired by the T-80B, T-80U, T-84, T-90, and T-94 tanks. The difference between the Reflecks and Reflecks-M is largely in the warhead, which is tandem for Reflecks-M, and a more powerful motor in the Reflecks-M. While a vehicle that is capable of firing the Reflecks may fire the Svir, a vehicle designed for the Svir cannot fire the Reflecks.

Later... 9erRed

and the 9M119 Reflecks and 9M119M Reflecks-M, fired by the T-80B, T-80U, T-84, T-90, and T-94 tanks.

T-80B is using 9K112-2 Kobra GLATGM system and is using 9M112 GLATGM not 9M119 GLATGM's of 9K119 Refleks system. Also there is not such thing like T-94, the latest versions of T-90 (Object 188) are T-90A (Object 188A1 and Object 188A2 versions) and T-90MS (Obiekt 188M).