Crewable T72 status?

Stratos

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, it is dead. In fact, it is deader than my last defecation, and I can assure you, that was pretty frigging dead.

Good job. :bigsmile: :thumbup:

To tankenator, I am not sure to what extent the community on TS has curled up and died like a rat in some poor bastard's wall is because of a lack of playable opfor units. For years things were better than they are now and for years we had less toys to play with than what we have now. The community has changed and gone tits up. Too many have decided to slink off to some place else. To be honest, it has gotten so bad I am even considering hunting for some of the guys who are playing Eve FFS!

Time to start looking for the Sherman Bros and try swarming tactics in the vastness of space I guess...

• Moderators

Cya...

Additional:

Look, I don't want to see _anyone_ leave and I am not sure what this drama is all about. If people are arguing and sparring on TS with one another, then I would like to think that, as part of the responsibility of adults, those people could either work something out or separate themselves from each other and play with your particular group if you can't co-exist with each other. But really, this whole thing is just silly. The community has too many rock headed stubborn characters in it that apparently cannot humble their egos to a tolerant level. Am I referring to someone in particular? No, but if anyone is feeling guilty or irritated at this comment then perhaps it is YOU.

I would say lets just all hold hands and get along, but how about a more reasonable request and just play the thing (SB) as a form of entertainment, not a tool to demonstrate who the best VU or shooter is. When you have done this stuff for real, all this machismo chest pounding seems a little juvenile. If this is not what is causing it then then perhaps it is an intolerance to a particular person or group? Well, TS is a public place for the entire community to gather and play the game. Everyone has a right to be there. If someone does not like that fact then they themselves can leave and create their own TS server. So either get along or seclude yourselves to your own TS channel like social hermits, but please stop all the drama that is spilling over into other threads like this one.

• Members
Oh and I dont expect this to stay up long, they will likely delete it....

I'd be delighted to see you name a single specific example of a thread or post that got edited by moderators of this forum on the basis of a dissenting opinion (and not a violation of the forum rules, which are all about decency and not about forbidden opinions). You have every right to express your disagreement about our design priorities and product policy. What I don't like is your insinuation that we have a thought police here. That's bordering on being insulting.

• Moderators
I suppose they would be happiest with no civvy players at all, they aren't trying to keep us, thats for sure....

You can think that way if you want, but it is utter foolishness to me. I would love to have a multi-player campaign for Medieval II Total War and I expected there to be one in the game. However, it has never crossed my mind to go to the Creative Assembly forum and demand it and think that if they do not drop everything they are currently doing (stop working on Empire Total War) and cater to my desire, then they MUST NOT care for me or the entire TW community. That said, you are mistaken if you do not think that everyone on the SB team (especially the beta testers, the modeler and myself) do not want a playable T-72 more than someone that has showed up on the scene two years ago.

The very idea that eSim does not care for the multi-player community because it does not stop working on jobs that is keeping it in business and instead work on something that will earn nothing is preposterous. This very idea is insulting to the team, especially to the beta testers that work hard to test the updates and offer up suggestions, and it is insulting to the steelbeasts.com website and the people that keep in operation. Look around you, do you think this website and its forum is for military customers? Do you think that eSim pays to keep this website on the net because they do not care for the community?

I just do not know how many different ways that it can be said; a playable T-72 WILL be added as a tribute to the community WHEN it can done, not because of the level of ranting and raving for it and the threats of leaving the community or the insults that eSim does not care for civilian customers. If this is not acceptable then, well, you cannot be helped.

Na, it is dead. In fact, it is deader than my last defecation, and I can assure you, that was pretty frigging dead.

Good job. :bigsmile: :thumbup:

Host up a game - send message to all + your IP - and see what happens.

It's good to talk about SB and have a chat with others - but personally I prefer playing this goddamn game online with others. I used to sit hours in the lobby and then couple hours more in the "looking for game" section on TS, but nobody was hosting up a game or wanting to play one. It took several hours to get one going - and "back then" there were much more people around.

Having an 8 player cap limit on multi- sessions doesn't help things either - if a "regular" player could at least host up for 12 that would help a lot.

Also - a sidenote: I think it would be useful to have some sort of "chatbox" here on steelbeasts.com where you could post up messages like

"game is up, IP..., starting in 15 minutes, coop, etc."

A lot of people don't go on teamspeak becasue they see that nobody is around - but I'm sure some would want to join if they have the time & are browsing the site. Just an idea...

The only problem is that generally there are very few who are actually around. Last night was a mixed blessing, there were 6 people around in the lobby, but I didnt have the time for a game. Hopefully soon there will be that number in the lobby but at a better hour.

The chatbox idea is a good one Daskal.

Can anyone confirm please the status of the crewable T72??

AFAIK,allthe T-72s are crewable,unless the Russians came up w/ a remote system.

lol funny , anyway if anyones so crazy about T-72 then go and get Armed Assult , or join a army which uses T-72 ;-) . its a good tank dont get me wrong but i think its highly illogical that THEY will ever make it crewable unless Indian Army gets THEM to design a SIM .lol