2.640 released

Ssnake

So, I've been playing a scenario using the Leo 1A5 and about every minute or so there's this whirring noise. (Like a motor winding down.) I used to only hear it when the engine had been off a while. I suppose it has something to do with the turret drive?

Anyway, is this supposed to be audible during normal maneuvers?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s a reference in the 2.640 release notes to an update to the Leopard 1A5 DK’s “…corresponding armor file/vulnerability model.” Is anyone able to provide clarification on the actual changes that have been made and their in-game impact? I’ve always found the Leopard 1 highly vulnerable so I’m just keen to understand if the changes have increased or decreased overall protection levels?

I think the new exterior and interior models for the 1A5 DK are absolute works of art and I’ve been spending almost all of my (limited) time since downloading the upgrade using this vehicle. The new sound files are also extraordinary and the updated .50 cal firing sounds, for example, are so realistic it takes me back to my time on the range 14 years ago!

Thanks again eSim.

• Moderators
There’s a reference in the 2.640 release notes to an update to the Leopard 1A5 DK’s “…corresponding armor file/vulnerability model.” Is anyone able to provide clarification on the actual changes that have been made and their in-game impact? I’ve always found the Leopard 1 highly vulnerable so I’m just keen to understand if the changes have increased or decreased overall protection levels?

Basically it looks better, and the armor model has been brought up to the latest standards for more detail (it doesn't have more armor than it did before).

.... I think the new exterior and interior models for the 1A5 DK are absolute works of art and I’ve been spending almost all of my (limited) time since downloading the upgrade using this vehicle. The new sound files are also extraordinary and the updated .50 cal firing sounds, for example, are so realistic it takes me back to my time on the range 14 years ago!

Thanks again eSim.

Hopefully the 0.50" sounds aren't related to the Leo.

MG3 sounds nothing like a M2HB. :)