Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ssnake

2.640 released

242 posts in this topic

So, I've been playing a scenario using the Leo 1A5 and about every minute or so there's this whirring noise. (Like a motor winding down.) I used to only hear it when the engine had been off a while. I suppose it has something to do with the turret drive?

Anyway, is this supposed to be audible during normal maneuvers?

That should be the oilmotor for the hydraulics, that is pumping up pressure every 50 seconds..... ?!

Indeed it is. Lovely sound :)

Gentlemen

Thank you very much for this fine upgrade. I'm loving the Challenger 2, and I've barely scratched the surface. Very much my best buy of the year. A truly wonderful sim with so many layers.

Hartford

There’s a reference in the 2.640 release notes to an update to the Leopard 1A5 DK’s “…corresponding armor file/vulnerability model.” Is anyone able to provide clarification on the actual changes that have been made and their in-game impact? I’ve always found the Leopard 1 highly vulnerable so I’m just keen to understand if the changes have increased or decreased overall protection levels?

I think the new exterior and interior models for the 1A5 DK are absolute works of art and I’ve been spending almost all of my (limited) time since downloading the upgrade using this vehicle. The new sound files are also extraordinary and the updated .50 cal firing sounds, for example, are so realistic it takes me back to my time on the range 14 years ago!

Thanks again eSim.

There’s a reference in the 2.640 release notes to an update to the Leopard 1A5 DK’s “…corresponding armor file/vulnerability model.” Is anyone able to provide clarification on the actual changes that have been made and their in-game impact? I’ve always found the Leopard 1 highly vulnerable so I’m just keen to understand if the changes have increased or decreased overall protection levels?

Basically it looks better, and the armor model has been brought up to the latest standards for more detail (it doesn't have more armor than it did before).

Has anyone figured out why some people are being kicked off of steel beast and it has an error code and says something to do with the licence and why cant i see any troops

Basically it looks better, and the armor model has been brought up to the latest standards for more detail (it doesn't have more armor than it did before).

Got it. Thanks.

Has anyone figured out why some people are being kicked off of steel beast and it has an error code and says something to do with the licence and why cant i see any troops

Post something over in the support forum with as many details as you can provide.

Awards

.... I think the new exterior and interior models for the 1A5 DK are absolute works of art and I’ve been spending almost all of my (limited) time since downloading the upgrade using this vehicle. The new sound files are also extraordinary and the updated .50 cal firing sounds, for example, are so realistic it takes me back to my time on the range 14 years ago!

Thanks again eSim.

Hopefully the 0.50" sounds aren't related to the Leo.

MG3 sounds nothing like a M2HB. :)

Awards

Hopefully the 0.50" sounds aren't related to the Leo.

MG3 sounds nothing like a M2HB. :)

Nope. I used the .50 cal on an M113 G3 DK in a scenario alongside the Leopard 1A5 DK. ;-)

The new MG3 sounds are pretty awesome too.

Thanks finally got it... had to wade through the shameful mud that is internet explorer to update key thou :debile2:

I posted on the front page comment in the wrong thread.. d'uh..

Is there a mirror for the patch? Having a load of trouble downloading it from the default location, connection seems to drop.

Just installed and played bit.. what i can say.. This IS GREAT and I love T-72! And Finnish CV is nice.

Sounds, best sounds ever in any sim :remybussi:

wish me luck guys purchased now going through the update and download process