v2.640 Bugs

Scrapper_511

Another possible bug for the powers that be to ponder:

When I load a saved plan, unaided vision (i.e., day GPS sight, GAS, unbuttoned) is very dark. Thermals and TCdr's night vision work properly. So, either the non-thermal/NVG graphics are somehow being corrupted or, more likely, the scenario clock is somehow reset to hours of darkness (e.g., 12:00 AM).

Anyone else experience this?

Marc

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was mentioned before...

Is it an old scenario or one created after the release of 2.640?

Edit: This thread might be relevant.

You're correct, that thread appears to address the same problem. I was actually playing the "Instant Action" mission, so I'm not sure when it was created, but I gather that I am unable to open it in mission editor so as to change the mission time (the apparent solution in the cited thread)?

Thanks.

Actually you can edit the scenario, just copy it from the protected "C:Users/All Users/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/Scenarios/z_Reserved" folder to a more appropriate place, edit it, then copy it back. Be sure to back up the original file first!

I will try that. Thanks.

Thanks for the scenario. We will look into fixing that.

Try taking the TOW missile team off Suppress tactics. I guess we didn't think anyone would do that with a missile team. ;)

LOL: 1st thing I thought of when I played my 1st SB PRO scenarion in 3 years after Upgrading to 2.64. Set all the missile teams to suppress tactic. Seemed like the thing to do. They never fired though. Just sat there and got all shot up by a T-72M1 company.

• Moderators
LOL: 1st thing I thought of when I played my 1st SB PRO scenarion in 3 years after Upgrading to 2.64. Set all the missile teams to suppress tactic. Seemed like the thing to do. They never fired though. Just sat there and got all shot up by a T-72M1 company.

Right, well, suppress only works with area fire weapons such as small arms and high explosive rounds (ie. autocannon HE), not KE, HEAT or ATGMs. ;)

Right, well, suppress only works with area fire weapons such as small arms and high explosive rounds (ie. autocannon HE), not KE, HEAT or ATGMs. ;)

So if ya want a missile team to shoot do a little damage and then move would a guard tactic be a better way to go?

I suppose I'll have to read the updated docs. A lot has changed since the last time I played.

• 3 weeks later...
I just think the non-amphibious units drown themselves in water way too often.

I recently swapped out some M1s for some T-72s in an old scenario and suddenly began having this problem. It's strange because I have played the mission (Are they attacking here?) using M1A1s, Leo 2A4s and Leo 2A5s with no problems.

As soon as I put the T-72s in the .sce I noticed my tanks started acting really goofy when crossing bridges. Usually the 2nd or 4th tank in the plt. (sometimes the 3rd, but rarely) will bug out just before crossing the bridge. Then he'll search for a new crossing as if the bridge isn't there, then he'll drive right into the water in an apparent desperate attempt to catch up to his unit. A breach route helps, but doesn't always solve the problem. And besides, the M1s/Leos had no problems cruising over multiple bridges on march orders (sometimes even in reverse on retreat routes.)

Hmmmm. :confused:

On a possibly related note: I've also noticed the T-72 seems rather more skittish in general when it comes to marching more than one plt. If the lead plt. slows, the unit behind will veer off of the road violently instead of just coming to a stop like the M1s/Leos. Maybe it has something to do with the vehicle's brakes? Just thinking out loud.

Think there maybe an issue with "frag" / "shrap" and penetration values.

I've observed two issues so far:

1. A T-55 fires at 2 x CR2 (in a UK Armour game). The 100mm round lands between the vehicles.

One vehicle suffers some crew casualties (probably exposed Crew Commander) other vehicle suffers a mobility kill.

Neither vehicle actually impacted by the round.

Thread here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=8869&page=117&highlight=damage Post 1168

2. This morning Zipuli's T-72 campaign. A T-72 in depth fires at a target but hits tree between two other friendly T-72. Both T-72 destroyed (but again neither hit directly by the round).

Thread here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=211276#post211276 Post 32

Edited by Gibsonm

As soon as I put the T-72s in the .sce I noticed my tanks started acting really goofy when crossing bridges.

Usually the 2nd or 4th tank in the plt. (sometimes the 3rd, but rarely) will bug out just before crossing the bridge. Then he'll search for a new crossing as if the bridge isn't there, then he'll drive right into the water in an apparent desperate attempt to catch up to his unit.

I've observed the same many times with T-72s in my North German Plain-scenario, that I tested to death.

Red side - early in the scenario - bridge at Marienau - A- coy (I believe)

• 2 weeks later...

Another perhaps.

Doing the 2nd battle of Zipuli's Finnish Campaign I had some interesting issues with on board artillery.

The Russian player had some M106 mortar tracks.

Initially all went well

However eventually we had to displace the mortars to new firing positions.

There were a few calls for fire "awaiting approval" (i.e. called for but not fired) when the mortars moved.

These missions (and any new ones) remained queued up even after the mortars had arrived at their new location.

Eventually I cancelled all the queued missions and started over. These "fresh" missions were fired normally.

I would have thought that a call for fire would be queued and then fired once the artillery unit arrived in its new location.

It appears that once the unit moves, the link is severed and no longer processed.

Is that the intent that missions need to be completed prior to any move and any subsequent missions can only be called once the guns/mortars are in their new location and "in action" again?

URL to AAR:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19518131/T-72%20Campaign%20Mi_031212MARKGIBSON-P0418.zip

Odd, I thought that there is no link between the on-map "arty"-units and the firemissions AT ALL.

That certainly used to be the case with the "placeholders" but these new models seem "smarter" (the M109's tranverse onto the bearing for shooting, they can't engage targets beyond their range, etc.).

• Moderators
There should be no link between on-map and off-map artillery "assets", right? It is a known bug that sometimes the artillery just won't fire, but awaits approval. Happened in previous versions quite often too.

Yes, if that happens then you have to cancel all the artillery calls in the queue and/or make sure that someone else in the Network Session doesn't have them maxed out.