Having graphics issues? List your graphics card here...

Volcano

• Moderators

Hello all,

All those that are having graphics issues seeing the new 3D infantry, please list your card here in this thread. When I say "graphics issues" I mean, the issue with them being invisible.

Just keep in mind that if your graphics card/chip is 6 or 7 plus years old, then it may never work properly and it might be time to upgrade, but we at least want to try to see if some middle ground can be obtained.

Known cards with problems:

Nvidia GeForce 6200 (from 2005)

Greetings all,

To Hedgehog,

Your graphics drivers are 6 years out of date, theres new drivers out. see here.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-285.62-whql-driver.html

But you didn't list what operating system your running so the link is for win 7 32bit.

version: 285.62 (WHQL)

date: 2011 10 24

Op system: Win7,Win Vista, 32Bit

English

Size: 107Mb

(Win XP. Ver: 285.58, Same date)

GeForce 6 series:

6800 XT, 6800 XE, 6800 Ultra, 6800 LE, 6800 GT, 6800 GS/XT, 6800 GS, 6800, 6700 XL, 6610 XL, 6600 VE, 6600 LE, 6600 GT, 6600, 6500, 6250, 6200 TurboCache, 6200SE TurboCache, 6200 LE, 6200 A-LE, 6200, 6150SE nForce 430, 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S, 6150 LE, 6150, 6100 nForce 420, 6100 nForce 405, 6100 nForce 400, 6100

As a note, Graphics drivers will normally be updated by Nvidia at a minimum of once a year but mostly they are upgraded everytime there is a new vid chipset designed.

That driver from 2005 for the 6200 card must have been the original drivers, far, far out of date. update the drivers then do your tests.

For the older drivers before 2009 versions you normally had to uninstall the old nvidia drivers first before you installed the newer version. But all the current series can be installed over the old set.

All for now, 9erRed

I have some minor issues with "shimmering" or "blinking" of various textures at high magnification levels (long distances). These textures include (but are not limited to):

1. back door of the M113
  2. parts of some buildings (e.g. a poster or sign)
  3. some vehicle decals (e.g. the Iraqi flag on the side of the T-72M1 by Fabfire) {I know...it's for 2.5.}
  4. will list more if I find them

I am using a BFG Nvidia GTX 260 with driver no. 8.17.12.8562 (released 10/15/2011). Here is my rig:

HP Blackbird 002 (VooDoo ed.)

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (SP1)

Nvidia NForce 780i SLI Mother Board

Liquid Cooled Intel Core2 2.6GHz QuadCore Processor

4x1GB Corsair DDR2 Ram

BFG Nvidia GTX 260 Video Card

500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 Hard Drive

TSST TS-T632L DVDR/RW Drive

1TB Western Digital External Drive

HP 22" HDMI Monitor 1680x1050x60

Realtek HD Audio

Kinyo 4.1 Surround Speakers

Razer Death Adder Mouse (VooDoo ed.)

Razer Tarantula Keyboard (VooDoo ed.)

Wacom Tablet w/Pen+Wireless Mouse

HP Photosmart C8180 w/LightScribe Drive

Saitek ST290

Saitek X52+Throttle

CyberPower 425 VA Uninterruptible Power Supply

And 1 Steel Beasts Dongle!

These problems are few and far between and don't really bother me. Thought I'd post them FYI anyway. :)

Edited by SeanPatrick
Corrected list

• Members

That is somewhat unavoidable due to the long viewing distances. A 32 bit resolution for the Z-buffer will at some point offer only decimeter accuracy in the depth sort, so you are seeing a rounding error.

I don't know if DirectX 11 offers more bits to the Z buffer.

Yeah, like I said it's only at extreme distances, so it doesn't really bother me.

When I pan the turret it seems that the exact position determines whether or not I can see the texture. If I can see it at point "X", then move the turret say 1° either way the texture disappears. Move 1° further and it's back. I guess this is because the game engine is "rounding up" and then "down"?

• 2 weeks later...

Problem there is when you use your system not only for SBP, but some other stuff and games as well - the whole range of the 28x.-range of nVidia drivers is known to be buggy, for example I cannot run FSX or FS9 reliably with those I tried, including the often mentioned 285.xx - visuals cause artificats oir even make the sims crash much more often than with an older driver. Problems appear also with other software.

I therefore need to run the 275.xx, which is the last one showing a wide consensus (in internet searches) to run stable. and which indeed is the latest offering me stability, too. However, with 275 I sometimes lose sights of infantry at the centre of the screen (it disappears) - turning the perspective left or right makes it appear at the outer parts of the screen.

Does anyone have experiences with the new 290. driver?

Win7 Pro x64, GTX460 1 GB.