Troops

Captain_Colossus

• Moderators
Anyone noticed that winter troops have camouflage face paint? not very suitable unless you are in the jungle.

no cam at at all or a ski mask would be nice.

We debated this internally and in the end we decided to leave some of them with face paint in the winter as painting on a mask was decided as looking silly (like plastic wrap over the face) and normal face paint IS used in the winter in some armies -- and very seldom (at least that I am aware of) are there "winter" face paint colors. In any case, it is intentional, but feel free to change it of course.

Good to know, but I spent some time in the nordern training sectors of CFB Valcartier in Quebec Canada and nobody stays bare face in the wind when it is -30 Celcius! frost bites are a very serius matter especialy when you are told they see white patches on your face. never mind your feet and fingers...

• Moderators

I like the mod -- very nice to see new infantry. However, I have one suggestion:

You have the face2, uniform, and equipment textures all resized to 2048 x 2048 resolution, each about 2 Mb each. This means that just one infantry uniform uses 8 Mb of memory for the textures, all of which don't really have a great deal of high res detail. My suggestion is to re-size them back down to the sizes used in the game. :)

We also have to keep this in mind when some people say they have graphics glitches, it could very well be that a mod is exceeding the graphic's cards available memory...