Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

54 minutes ago, ssidiver said:

So has the 4 in Lebanon 2006, with few damaged. In fact some of the propaganda at the time showed a Magach on it's side, claiming it was a knocked out Merkava 5.

I have gone to try and find the stats for the Merkava performance, can't locate those figures at the moment. But I have confirmed that the 4 entered service in 2002.

Found a reference that is still available: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3296462,00.html

I do recall a list of how many of which model were damaged etc, I think it was from the IDF. Can not locate that.

18 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

That would probably be the age range that I'd be most interested in, the 2/3 series, as I think it's seen some actual combat use.

Merkava 1 saw combat in Lebanon in 1982 and later, until they were taken out of active service around 1985. One example is the battle of Jezzine, where Israeli armor school Merkava 1s, Centurions and M60A1s fought Syrian T-62s.

Merkavah_Tank_of_Tzur_Maor_and_his_Crew.

Edited by Iarmor

Some more prototypes.

The T-90MS. black eagle. come to mind The CR-1 fulcan 1/2 The Osorio main battle. AMX-40 etc.

Not sure if there's enough information to make even none playable versions 

But the T-90MS would make for a tough opponent 

On 8/26/2016 at 0:57 PM, Panzer_Leader said:

I did pretty well out of 4.0 in terms of items on my personal Wish List being fulfilled, including:

• ·        L85 3D model

• ·        M47 Dragon

• ·        Luchs 2A2

• ·        Crewable Marder 1A3

• ·        DM33 105 mm APFSDS ammunition

• ·        T-55AM

• ·        FN MAG (M240) and PKM 3D models and;

• ·        Precipitation weather effects

So thank you very much eSim Games, 4.0 is brilliant!

I’m still exploring 4.0 and have really just scratched the surface but have noticed people are still posting in the Wish List thread and can tell that eSim is listening so thought I would publish my consolidated Top 10 Wish List.  I'm also conscious planning is already underway, and possibly development, for future releases and that now might be a good time to publish my future "wishes". I’ve tried to be less “greedy” overall (notwithstanding we’ve just had “Christmas” and I’m conscious of that, but still just a little too greedy not to post this, sorry!) and list the additions that will deliver the biggest benefit for me, from a scenario development, personal preferences and pain points perspective. So, here goes:

1. Updated 3D model for ASLAV
  2. Updated 3D model for M113AS4
  3. Challenger 1 Mk 3 (crewable, 3D interior)
  4. M2/M3A1
  5. FV432
  6. ACRV IV14/15
  7. T-80BV
  8. SPG-9
  9. IP/M1 105 mm interior gun breech and external (commander's view) fume extractor model
  10. Updated 3D model for British infantry with Mk 6 or Mk 7 helmet

Thanks for indulging me.

Cheers

I'm really pleased with the direction eSim has taken the 4.x updates and my personal Wish List has done well out of them, including an updated ASLAV-25 3D model and interior in 4.019.  Although it doesn't change materially, I thought I should update my Wish List post-4.019:

1. Updated 3D model for ASLAV-PC <New ASLAV-25 3D model and interior released 4.019>
  2. Updated 3D model for M113AS4
  3. Challenger 1 Mk 3 (crewable, 3D interior)
  4. M2/M3A1
  5. FV432
  6. ACRV IV14/15
  7. T-80BV
  8. SPG-9
  9. IP/M1 105 mm interior gun breech and external (commander's view) fume extractor model
  10. Updated 3D model for British infantry with Mk 6 or Mk 7 helmet

Cheers

Map view, map updates, azimut determination as an option for each individual vehicle or platoon, and not as a generic option for the whole side.

Also a new option for send/receive map graphics allowed/disabled, draw something on the map and  1 second later all friendly units have that info,making the slow radio reports not necessary ,that can be very unrealistic for old battle periods.This is only during battle, not the planning phase.

13 hours ago, ChrisWerb said:

Merkava 1 was out of service as early as 1985?

Active service - yes, maybe 1986, no later than 1987. Replaced by mk. 2/2B.

But then the mk. 1s were given to reserve units. Here are two on the front page of the Israeli armor bulletin from March 2007:

25.jpg

A radio sound system, which allow terrain mask, frequencies changes range, distortion fx, etc build in game for multiplayer.

Also change voice of AI same platoon units to recognize them quick when report something via ear, and not reading in the text msg.

Edited by Japo32

Didn't know about that CNR-sim software. Seems that there is an free option, but I don't find any way to download it.. or just see the prices of the other non-free options. I suppose is a proffesional software so as you say is very expensive. 

I know in SteelBeasts we can jump to different units, but simulate a combat situation with radio masking and good radio FX is great. We use in ARMA3 TaskForce Radio and is a must, and free. Hope to see something similar in future in SteelBeasts.

I saw one of your community videos Gibsonm, where you had radio simulated fx... The video with night vision starting. Didn't say about how to achieve that sound fx, so if you know anyway would be great.

But still I think I would like an inside radio system in Steelbeasts. Having it inside make all have it so not break the experience between users.

Don't know what the ArmA system can do with including terrain effects/ relay szations etc etc...but these are S6 issues that a force CMD considers, but leaves for the cable monkeys to sort them out.

As most vehicle radios have a range bigger then the SB pro PE maps, and TS is offering the option for differen channels(=radio nets)...i do not see any benefit in that.

35 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

DI saw one of your community videos Gibsonm, where you had radio simulated fx... The video with night vision starting. Didn't say about how to achieve that sound fx, so if you know anyway would be great.

But still I think I would like an inside radio system in Steelbeasts. Having it inside make all have it so not break the experience between users.

If its the one in each of our meeting notices that is just good old Teamspeak with the addition of the "Military" sound pack that adds "squelch" to each transmission.

Often with the classroom version we use CNR-Sim to communicate between "participants".

Participants can be people in the classroom using CNR-Sim or people out in the field in tents /vehicles using CNR-Live to link the real radio traffic using real radios to the traffic used in the sim.

I suspect if SB had a built in sound system that would make this integration harder / not possible.

Better from my point of view to support Teamspeak, Mumble, Discord, CNR-Sim, etc. and let the customer choose the system they want to use rather than locking them into some eSim proprietary framework that they then need to support, in addition to the simulation, their core product.

25 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

My concern is that integration with one product might break it for others.

ARMA is lucky, its a closed universe and doesn't have to work with real systems, so Bohemia can do whatever they want.

Thats one of the downside of ArmA...a myriad of different mods. So very often  game-version are not compatible in multiplayer 'cos of different mods applied.

On 23.04.2017 at 2:18 AM, Ssnake said:

SB Pro does not differentiate between different states of "incapacitated", and I see no reason to change that.

The sniper hit the tank commander in the head and he died, the medic arrived and cured him.

I go to the ARMA boards and see people trying to make ARMA into a detailed armor sim and I come over here and see people wanting to turn SB into an FPS.  For some reason, some people just get stuck in the wrong games.

If you want play a realistic sniper game, why would ever leave ARMA?

2 hours ago, thewood said:

I go to the ARMA boards and see people trying to make ARMA into a detailed armor sim and I come over here and see people wanting to turn SB into an FPS.  For some reason, some people just get stuck in the wrong games.

If you want play a realistic sniper game, why would ever leave ARMA?

Purely hypothetical and not possible currently. probably never

But If all the major milsim companies involved SB. DCS. Arma used the same engine and coding could you imagine the possibilities.