Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

@paradoxbox  (duplicated comment for duplicated post)

If you change the 'defend' tactic's building behaviour to 'stay outside', putting them into a battle position (default binding E) will make them stop and setup the launcher, without walking away to go inside a building: (top edge of map screen/options/default behaviour in buildings/defend/stay outside). Theres your 1 click command for setting up a launcher. You should get familiar with the default behaviours for routes and tactics.http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Moving_Units_On_Routes

You can also edit route waypoint tactics : (top edge of map screen/options/default route waypoint tactics/engage [etc])

Also, for dev's; that WIKI page needs some updating, its pretty important info for people trying to learn the game, i think.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

I think that was covered initially here:

Then it was added here as a "wish" since I gather he doesn't want to / doesn't have time to, switch to the map.

Yeah, I read that thread, too. He thinks that if he sees a target of opportunity when he's in F7 view of the missile team, he has to switch to the map and set tactics for the unit in order to get access to the launcher.

He is given a few suggestions relating to using the "e" key or setting default tactic/waypoint behaviors in advance.

Maybe I wasn't clear. 

YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT.

In the 3-D world (F7 or F8 in this instance), click the missile team's icon (lower right area of the screen). This gives you several actions. One of them is "Engage here." (Another is "observe here" ... another is "Shoot at unit" ... they will work in this case, too.)

Click that command and then place the white pointer on the aforementioned target of opportunity. Assuming the squad has not already seen the threat, it will stop (if moving), set up its launcher without looking for a better battle position, and shoot the target (assuming it has LOS and appropriate fire orders). You can access the weapon sight as soon as the weapon is operational. No map involved; no separate step setting tactics.

What's so tough about this? It works for me.

Setting "e" or BP tactics will not keep AI soldiers from trying to crawl off into a "better" firing position -- and missing the firing opportunity. Using the icon's context menu gets exactly what paradoxbox wants, when he wants it.

It might also get his squad killed because of poor concealment, but that's his business, I guess.

I would love to see stand alone non-self propelled artillery and AA guns as well as AA guns mounted on pickups (technicals)....

A simple Technical with a AA gun mounted on the bed could be very dangerous to light skinned AFV's and other vehicles!

2 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

...and AA guns as well as AA guns mounted on pickups (technicals)....

A simple Technical with a AA gun mounted on the bed could be very dangerous to light skinned AFV's and other vehicles!

You know we already have those?

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Make it immobile.

I agree.  I've thought about using the truck as a static ground-based ZSU-23-2 anti-aircraft gun in scenarios and though I haven't yet, I would find a vehicle emplacement in the Mission Editor you can park the truck in so the gun is at ground level, disable the truck's engine, and you'll have a workable proxy for the ZSU-23-2 on its own, as if the truck wasn't there.

Some wishes to complete the CV90 family

LvKv 90 (CV90 AA) To help against those pesky choppers and not tie up regular CV90 for the jobb.
lvkv_90.jpg

BgBv90 (CV90 ARV) Because it looks so weird to have a Tank recovery vehicle in a Mech  Coy... 
2012-05-10%20Ravlunda%20536web.jpg

Gradual damage model for the sights, not the 100% working/ total back model we have now.Sometimes i think is too easy jump to mg team and blind a tank.

And semi transparent grass for thermal sight too,not only daysight, this is a big problem for the milan.

• Members

...except that with armored/hardened glass, there are so many cracks and in such a dense pattern that a hit from an artillery fragment or a bullet will shatter the whole surface completely. So you WOULD be effectively blinded instantaneously.

Actually I would like to turn it around:

Esim is a private company, and they have to make money including from their government contracts. So perhaps Esim could tell us what markets they are thinking about, and we can make suggestion in that vein.

For instance then perhaps expand the British weapons portfolio ?

Or the isreali?

For me its a win/win no matter what is made as long as it doesnt destabilize the program.

Otherwise the biggest wish for me is clearly a higher resolution sighting picture in  the modern sights in Challenger 2, Leopard 2a5Dk and Abarms 1a2 - and those I forgot. I hate pixelhunting ...

Edited by Nike-Ajax