Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

BTR-152

Soviet+BTR-152+11.jpg

Wheeled APC without a roof, a bit different than all current vehicles in SB.

Post WW2 vehicle, widely used by the Soviets into the '60s.

Most common APC in the Arab armies during the 1967 and 1973 wars.

A moderate squint would be enough when depicting similar vehicles like BTR-40s and halftracks. 

On 1/25/2018 at 6:47 PM, Kev2go said:

good suggestion. Would love to see a  T72B with with Kontact 5. Would be the same FCS  for respective tanks just kontact 5 layer on the exterior.  Sounds like Good way to expand protection of a Redforce vehicles thats also common. It just requires the Kontact 5 layering. FCS could be directly ported  to save development time and im sure the devs have estimates since they do have other Ai vehicles with Kontact 5 like the T80U and the T90S.

Yeah I suspect it could be modeled rather well. The FCS for the T-80U transplants to the T-90S...The Devs seem to be hesitant to model player use of the GLATGMs used by Russian tanks forces..I suspect what ever the reason is must be a bit of a hurdle.

On 1/31/2018 at 5:36 PM, EasyE said:

Yeah I suspect it could be modeled rather well. The FCS for the T-80U transplants to the T-90S...The Devs seem to be hesitant to model player use of the GLATGMs used by Russian tanks forces..I suspect what ever the reason is must be a bit of a hurdle.

well  I was reffering to the T72B1's model that dont have AGTM's?  Any versions of those fitted with Kontact 5? IM sure player here would still be happy with a T72B1 with addon K5 (if those existed). There are already playable T72B 1984 ( without Kontact) as well as T-72B1  with Kontact 1. 

Edited by Kev2go

3 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

Would really like it if text could be edited when making missions and plans instead of having to delete and start over.

You mean labels on maps?

More recently some are tethered to an object (graphic, line, etc.) so click on the object and you can edit text. But agree that free floating text can be a bit hit and miss in terms of trying to select it.

The other more recent "gotcha" is to ensure the switch under "info" (centre switch) is "up" when trying to edit something.

Edited by Gibsonm

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

... that'd be UA, we're using two-letter codes. But yeah, it's not available at the moment. But it'd look like RU up until recently, and then I bet that a lot still looks Russian.

It looks allot like russia, except in the ATO fight against DNR where they have allot of white markings and shit what not for ID.

In the AAR when you check the box "events" right now you djump all over the map and shows what happens everywhere.

I would like it to be that "event" only works for the area zoomed in. So for example if I want to follow up on MY platoon I do not want to be djumped around to the company 3 km away and then djumped back to my platoon. It would be so much easier to use the AAR if you only got events for the area zoomed in.

/KT

• Members
11 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

In the AAR when you check the box "events" right now you jump all over the map and shows what happens everywhere.

I would like it to be that "event" only works for the area zoomed in. So for example if I want to follow up on MY platoon I do not want to be djumped around to the company 3 km away and then djumped back to my platoon. It would be so much easier to use the AAR if you only got events for the area zoomed in.

You can apply filters in the AAR, to only show events of a company, or just one platoon. (It's in the menu bar while you are in the AAR).

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

You can apply filters in the AAR, to only show events of a company, or just one platoon. (It's in the menu bar while you are in the AAR).

I am not finding that either in the AAR.

Okay so I change my wish: "I would like to have the PRO versions AAR feature ported to PE" :)

/KT

• Members

Yeah, you're right. The filter function isn't in SB Pro PE, because SB Pro PE was never intended for these huge battles that you seem to be playing. Which you can only play because we decided to hand our server versions without the eight player limit. So, I'm sorry, no filter functions for you.

41 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Yeah, you're right. The filter function isn't in SB Pro PE, because SB Pro PE was never intended for these huge battles that you seem to be playing. Which you can only play because we decided to hand our server versions without the eight player limit. So, I'm sorry, no filter functions for you.

Then how about some work on the ATGMs

Hey, we implemented a new ATGM on the Marder before you managed to put on the "old" virtual one :-P

Edited by Grenny

33 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I know there is no point in arguing over something you have already decided, but I just want to point out that more people then "us who play huge battles online" is that Im sure many offline people that play larger battles with AI with them would benefit from the filter function as well. @Gibsonm I was only refering to the filter function, not ALL PRO functions to PE. I wrote "feature" and not "features" for a reason.

/KT