Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Of course it's your head, (and map) fell free to use them as required. me.

I'm here due to not exposing my head (as it is)  having my head under armour while reading said map in a war zone. A map can be seen from thermals (you know this). Having sat for many hrs as duty offices looking with a "eye in the sky" has given me and others a better understanding of what can be seen.

Another point we should consider-If we use the PID to fire/not fire, this use to confirm a wpn, shows the level of detail one has on the target. So we have the detail for a AK with folding stock, but some would put forth the idea we cant see a map on top of a AFV....to me this this does support the idea that a map (with straight edges) can't be seen from above by helo's and drones, in my experience , not current , tells a different set of facts.

Again, your head..please keep it safe,

Edited by 12Alfa

In this vid we can see how a small white object stands out, and why we cover our licence plates while operational.View the map attached to the sight head, maple leaf, and the plates. Also lights on dosent help.This is training, abit wrong training, but still training. As I have posted, we do stupid thing during training, combat has a way of teaching, some learn the hard way.

Train as you fight, a saying I lived by in my later years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PBtM-v4GWY

Edited by 12Alfa

On 01/09/2018 at 7:16 AM, Gibsonm said:

No.

I used either a "contact" (a flexible, laminate type product that waterproofed the map) covered map in my tanksuit pocket (with permanent map marking / OHP pens) when on the vehicle or a larger map board in the ACV while in either SHQ or RHQ (TOC equivalent).

In both instances I'd look at the map inside the vehicle and look at the ground / surrounds when I had my headup - didn't need the distraction on the map when looking at the "near view". Also with your shoulders bracing your body in the hatch, you were hard pressed to put your hands up to control your binos, let alone manage a map board.

Those sorts of boards tended to be used on either courses or at TEWTs.

Like this chap?  (20 seconds in) 

I would say JTAC is going to lase on you from the ground, if so. Inbound CAS will have a set-path for it´s bombing round as well as it´s altitude (Included in there 9 line procedure).  Will not go to 500ft just for spotting reasons unless they have a reason to (confirmed target).

Still don´t see why all the fuss for a simple wish like that for SB...

Might as well spray water on your face to simulate when it´s raining!  I bet you can set up a spray bottle with "Arduino" so it can be triggerd with a key :D

Really... two steps beyond the moon sometimes!

What about more scenario editing tools, like upgrading triggers ? 

For exemple hierarchy among triggers

- If trigger 1 is activated, trigger 2 is no longer available for user to activate.

- If trigger 1 is activaged, child trigger 3 and 4 are now available for user to activate

Besides, having a small overview of the terrain map before loading it into a new SCE would be awesome (my computer is quite slow to load). Would make it easier to choose between the multiples ter maps.

Edited by BlackDeath

50 minutes ago, BlackDeath said:

What about more scenario editing tools, like upgrading triggers ? 

For exemple hierarchy among triggers

- If trigger 1 is activated, trigger 2 is no longer available for user to activate.

- If trigger 1 is activaged, child trigger 3 and 4 are now available for user to activate

It is possible to script triggers that invalidate other triggers with the use of events. Its a long story. If you want some advice on how to set something up in the editor, you can post a question with the specifics over here; http://www.steelbeasts.com/forum/8-scenario-and-maps/

• 1 month later...
On 13/10/2018 at 3:30 PM, Bond_Villian said:

Personally; I can squint at a M113 and some other armoured truck instead... ;)

Not Me

On 13/10/2018 at 3:37 PM, Bond_Villian said:

Meh! Stalwart= Truck.

I dont think theres really an acceptable proxy for the Chieftain in SB at the moment .

Well Challenger 2 with GPS only for an early CH, but the Armour is a bit on the heavy side for the late 70s

Mission editor, the ability to go straight to the variable selection with needing to use the radio buttons on the left.

E.G. Embark if...

Box opens

Left Click to set 20 out of

"20" <= random variable "X63" < "80"

Activates Button for above variable in the dialog box

Also hitting enter to close dialog box / "OK" Button would be nice

(Speeds up my randomising ability)

On 10/13/2018 at 10:30 PM, Bond_Villian said:
On 10/13/2018 at 8:07 PM, Gibsonm said:

You'd probably want FV432 and Saxon to complete that set. :)

Personally; I can squint at a M113 and some other armoured truck instead... ;)

On 10/14/2018 at 10:52 PM, Hedgehog said:

Not Me

So you wouldnt be happy to see the Chieftain crewable unless it came with a host of other period stuff like trucks and PC's? Thats throwing the baby out with the bathwater!