Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

You can already (2.640) do this in the Editor so unsure what the issue is.

Refer Release Notes and here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16046

Not sure which bit of my statement you say can be accomplished Gib' but I have had no joy in ME,Followed your destructions on the indicated thread

Placed an APC, placed an ATGM team next to it. Unload the track and delete either 1 or both of the squads. There dosn't appear to be any option in ME to then associate/load the ATGM team with the APC. Yep it can be done subsequently 'in game' (which is usefull enough) but Id like to set up a mounted ATGM or other heavy team in the editor. Apologies if Im being a bit dense.

Not sure which bit of my statement you say can be accomplished Gib'

This bit (although I’ve only done it with units that come with integral troops (eg. (Mech Inf or Inf in Ural Truck):

For example, in editor, if we could unload a chopper or PC and the assign another squad missile/HMG etc to that vehicle and load them back in.
but I have had no joy in ME,Followed your destructions on the indicated thread.

Placed an APC, placed an ATGM team next to it. Unload the track and delete either 1 or both of the squads. There dosn't appear to be any option in ME to then associate/load the ATGM team with the APC.

Did you go to the now empty vehicle and choose “load” unit X from there?

They do need to be fairly close (i.e. within say 20m).

Sorry not near a machine now so I can’t double check.

Apologies if Im being a bit dense.

Wasn’t thinking that at all. :)

Appreciate what your saying, yep have achieved that, got an empty Carrier be it tracked wheeled or rotary wing to pick up a nearby Infantry/ATGM/HMG callsign during game play and I like the improvement over previous versions

My request was to be able to manage that in the editor while compiling a mission prior to hitting the start button. I can tinker with the sections weaponry to a point but not change their role from rifle to ATGM for example, nor do I see a "load troops" option in the editor, despite having the ATGM team sat right atop the PC.

I want my Task Groups Milan element are all sat nicely in their "warriors" at StartEX rather than having the CSM cut about once the play starts ordering them all into the nearest available transport. or am I missing something ?

Appreciate what your saying, yep have achieved that, got an empty Carrier be it tracked wheeled or rotary wing to pick up a nearby Infantry/ATGM/HMG callsign during game play and I like the improvement over previous versions

My request was to be able to manage that in the editor while compiling a mission prior to hitting the start button. I can tinker with the sections weaponry to a point but not change their role from rifle to ATGM for example, nor do I see a "load troops" option in the editor, despite having the ATGM team sat right atop the PC.

Yes understood (and again sorry I can’t “work though this” in a live session) but I’m pretty sure this does work in the Editor.

Either in the map view you “should” be able to load the new group or alternatively go to the 3D world and right click on the vehicle (bottom right hand corner of screen and select “load” from the menu.

Perhaps I’ve set it up in the Editor and then loaded once the mission starts? (you have me wondering myself now). :)

I want my Task Groups Milan element are all sat nicely in their "warriors" at StartEX rather than having the CSM cut about once the play starts ordering them all into the nearest available transport. or am I missing something ?

Yes done the same thing.

Created a 5 vehicle Mech PL, removed an Inf Section and replaced with a Javelin post. Now a DFSW Section moves with the PL its tasked to support.

Will have to check when I get home.

I'm willing to bet we could gather that in donations around here for some of "THE LIST" fulfillment.

New marketing strategy similiar to the P500 you see in the board gaming world?

Company A says we need XXX pledges and credit card pre orders to create model B. Once model B is beta, company A charges your creadit card. Model B then is delivered.

Id like Bridges to be able to be driven under, rather than the invisible wall that damages vehicles. Not only would it make maps far more realistic, but it would increase the tactical options, particularly if you could drop spans onto the deck below at awkward moments.

T64A, crewable or even as AI.

Challenger2 with IWS.

Will have to check when I get home.

OK had a look.

1. The "change type" option does not work.

2. The "unload and delete" option works but not in the Editor.

You can set things up in the Editor but you need to start the mission in order for the APC to load the "different" passengers.

It can be done pretty easily though.

When the mission starts select a vehicle from the group in question (e.g. the 5 veh PL with an additional APC and ATGM team.).

Then click on the vehicle icon that is to carry the new group and tell it to "load" (the ATGM team should appear as the only option - unless you have several teams nearby).

It takes a few seconds for them to "mount up" so as long as you start in an Assy Area or FUP you should be OK ("instant action" maybe not so much). :)

Hope that clarifies things? :)

Will add this to the other post too.

Id like Bridges to be able to be driven under, rather than the invisible wall that damages vehicles. Not only would it make maps far more realistic, but it would increase the tactical options, particularly if you could drop spans onto the deck below at awkward moments.

T64A, crewable or even as AI.

Challenger2 with IWS.

Would also be nice if the "vehicles driving into and getting stuck in rivers" issue was fixed.

shallower banks & a "do not enter" logic for non amphibs should fix it I would think.

Would also be nice if the "vehicles driving into and getting stuck in rivers" issue was fixed.

shallower banks & a "do not enter" logic for non amphibs should fix it I would think.

But often "shallower banks" aren't "right" for a given piece of terrain.

Ideally the AI would work out how the steep the bank was and if the river was too deep to ford for "non amphibs" and then avoid it, but I suspect that's a way off yet. :)

• Members

That's insufficient. The river bank may be steep, but the river itself may not be very deep, so it could still be forded. Or, for an amphibious vehicle, getting into a river is always easy. Getting out of it is where things start to get interesting.

All I'm saying here is, the solution won't be as simple as it may appear at first sight.

Maybe a new terrain type: "Ford"?

(Modify the Terrain to a shallow entry/exit from water?)

Just an idea, no clue as to how the terrain tiles are controlled, thats Dr Delaney's Dept. :)

Yes except you then have more "pre built" defiles to channel / be channelled into.

The idea is to cross at places other than fords / bridges (hence the whole amphib / deep fording idea in the first place). :)

Problem is in RL a crew commander makes an assessment of a possible crossing and often gets the driver to walk across "just in case" before the vehicle gets wet.

The AI isn't quite that sophisticated yet. :)

- Realistic lighting engine (Dynamic shadows, time of day, bright sunlight, mirage, reflections, glare etc)

Well apart from the shadows you get a bit of this already.

Create a scenario with a start time of say 0400 for say here in Australia (or in Sth Africa) and start it running.

The Sun will come up the brightness will change throughout.

NVGs that you could use at 0400 wont work at 0700 because its too bright. :)

Yes except you then have more "pre built" defiles to channel / be channelled into.

The idea is to cross at places other than fords / bridges (hence the whole amphib / deep fording idea in the first place). :)

Problem is in RL a crew commander makes an assessment of a possible crossing and often gets the driver to walk across "just in case" before the vehicle gets wet.

The AI isn't quite that sophisticated yet. :)

True, however I would prefer one of these options to wondering where the rest of force is, only to find they have all backed into a river to avoid artillery or missed a bridge and piled up in a river. At least until a better fix is found. Perhaps a better mission maker than myself can avoid it happening. Alot of my missions wind up with me awaiting an enemy who have all decided to take a bath :)

Dirty buggers !

While I'm still working my way through the excellent and much appreciated 2.640 update I might as well add my current wish list for enhancements to SB Pro PE to the thread. I know some of the below has already been requested, which is great, but my personal priorities for additional vehicles and features are:

1. Crewable M1A2 SEP with 3D interior

2. Crewable Marder 1A3 with visible Milan (when fitted)

3. Crewable Luchs A2

4. Working in-scenario mortar fire support in 81mm (M125) and 120mm (M1064) calibre with HE, smoke rounds etc.

5. British battle group components, including:

• Crewable Chieftain Mk 5 and/or Mk 11 with 3D interior
  • Crewable Warrior
  • Crewable Scimitar and Scorpion
  • Crewable FV432
  • Crewable Ferret

6. Additional helicopters, including:

• OH-58D
  • AH-64x
  • MBB Bo 105/PAH-1 (HOT)
  • Lynx AH.1 (TOW)
  • UH-60x
  • Mi-8

Cheers

Edited by Panzer_Leader
Changed Luchs A1 to A2, added Mi-8

Now that we have 3d infantry....

I'd like to see personel actually visible when tank is unbuttoned. Kinda weird seeing the TC hatch open but no crewman sticking out.

Also kinda wierd seeing open jeeps driving around with no occupants...

Great idea! Pay $25 next year.

-M1A2 SEP that is crewable

-M1A1 with the adjustable reticle and symbols in thermals from light green to black

-M1A1 with the correct GAS sighting system with both (KE meters, Staff meters) and with (MPAT meter, Heat meters)

-The M1A1 SA that is crewable

-A recoiling main gun if possible

-In the M1A1 the ready ammo door opening and closing between loading rounds.

-A playable Infantry man to fire the AT4

-Adjustable sensitive and contrast in thermals

-Adjustable daylight reticle

-being able to perform MRS updates during missions.

Just my wish list.:biggrin: