Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Personally i would like to see some French or Italian tanks.

And more IFV,s. We have a good selection of Russian Equipment.And the CV selection is Superb.

But A BMP 3 would be great. Personally it dose not matter to me if there playable or not.

Its the variety i enjoy. Not that we are short on variety but there's always room for more

Adding the french AMX and VBC would be welcome additions.

Doubtless, and this is just my reading of the tea leaves mind you, we will see the AMX-13 and 30 in the - relatively - near future, but I feel we'll see a non-playable Leclerc, or possibly playable, long before a playable M1A2. My wish list is a bit more modest than most:

-PT-76

-Fresh models for the YPR series, including a plain PC version for the South

Koreans

-A playable T-72M4

-Possibly a T-90 and/or BMP-3

-and enabling damage skins for destroyed units

1) British vehicles(crewable or not):

-Warrior

-Scimitar

2) 7.62mm GPMG armament option for M113 APCs

3) Crewable Marder

4) Russian/CIS vehicles:

-crewable BMP-2

-non-crewable(at least) T-72B w/ Kontakt-V ERA suite(current "naked" T-72B is actually a late-production T-72A)

-crewable 9P148 aka. BRDM-AT

-MTLBU to represent C4 vehicles

5) US vehicles:

-crewable M60A3

-AAV7A1

-creawable LAV-25

+correct GAS reticules for M1 and M1A1

Edited by Jartsev

no, the difference between T-72A and T-72B is the "bulging" armour on the front turret.

THIS is a late-production T-72A:

This is common mistake. ;)

-Turret with "bulging" armor(drawing 172.10.077СБ) became available in 1982 and was used for assembly since 1983 parallel with "sand-rods" turret(drawing 172.10.073СБ).

-Pilot batch of tanks with "Svir" Guided Weapon System was produced in 1984, but full scale production of vehicles with this missile system was started somewhat year later(due unavailability of 1K13).

-ERA kits became available for series production in the march of 1985(but officially introduced in 1984).

no, it's common knowledge.

T-72B, BDD front turret armour inserts, V-84 engine.

Nope :)

Authorized config for T-72B is:

- Turret 172.10.100СБ(nearly identical to 172.10.077СБ)

- New upper glacis armor(spaced laminated w/o textolite)

- ERA "Kontakt-1"

- Engine V-84

- "Svir"

- 1A40-1 FCS

- 2E42-2 stabilizer

- 1A46M main gun

- Improved running gear

T-72B1 is authorized for production as temporary measure till delivery of 1K13(1K13 replaced by TPN-3-49 "Crystal-PA"; but I have no data about automatic loader used)

T-72B2 is a back-up project planned for production of major failure with delivery of "Svir" and armed with "Cobra". Never produced.

"Naked" T-72B-like tanks were manufactured in 1983-1984 in quite limited numbers and differed from actual T-72B by main gun, stabilizer, lack of ERA, guided weapon system, hull armor layout and V-46-6 engine. Sorry, but its a bit different to accept this for westerner. New components and assemblies were rushed in production when became ready.

All this crap causes bureaucratic chaos during depot-level repairs.

Edited by Jartsev

- New models for the Strv 122, Leopardo 2E and Leopard 2A5 to go along with the improved models already

introduced in earlier upgrades.

- Improved environmental effects (weather, dust, smoke effects, visible effect of wind)

- Improved terrain detail effects (roads set into the landscape, fallen trees, tree stumps)

Hello, troopers.

My wish list:

• More UK armour
  • More UK PCs
  • Accurate UK infantry uniforms

I've played lots of games, and the excellence of this game's design is unmatched. I am continually amazed by the on-going improvements, all of them closely tailored to the user's needs/ desires. Some, such as editor interfaces, are small; others, such as the new content items, are big. I am enjoying the ongoing pursuit of excellence I see here.

Well done, eSIMs! Can't wait to see what's next.

What would you like to see in Steel Beasts?

Please try to keep your list short, perhaps no more than five.

I haven't seen any kind of wish list thread, so I thought I'd post one. [i apologize if I missed it.]

For me, I'd like to see:

-- Bridges you can drive under.

-- M1A2 SEP with all the pilot-able positions. [minus loader of course.]

-- More 3D interior driver positions.

-- Company Halt command

Thank you again for all your hard work and efforts. I know I may not see the implementation of these for some time, if ever; but it's still fun to to dream.

Minus the loader? I would think its cool if they throw in a loaders position as well!

How about an S-Tank.have any of are Swedish ex military members. Ever crewed one.I sat in One once.It had an Extraordinary interior. form some of the videos i viewed it had its Limitations.Two engines two drivers.it was very radical for its day.it would have made a very Hard target to hit if dug in. Was it a tank destroyer or MBT. your thoughts please

S-tank.jpg.98de64fba55407c954b0d43644660

S-tank.jpg.98de64fba55407c954b0d43644660

While I'm still working my way through the excellent and much appreciated 2.640 update I might as well add my current wish list for enhancements to SB Pro PE to the thread. I know some of the below has already been requested, which is great, but my personal priorities for additional vehicles and features are:

1. Crewable M1A2 SEP with 3D interior

2. Crewable Marder 1A3 with visible Milan (when fitted)

3. Crewable Luchs A1

4. Working in-scenario mortar fire support in 81mm (M125) and 120mm (M1064) calibre with HE, smoke rounds etc.

5. British battle group components, including:

• Crewable Chieftain Mk 5 and/or Mk 11 with 3D interior
  • Crewable Warrior
  • Crewable Scimitar and Scorpion
  • Crewable FV432
  • Crewable Ferret

6. Additional helicopters, including:

• OH-58D
  • AH-64x
  • MBB Bo 105/PAH-1 (HOT)
  • Lynx AH.1 (TOW)
  • UH-60x

Cheers

+1

[*] Crewable Iveco VBTP-MR armed with remote 30mm system

[*] Crewable with 3d interior Leclerc!

Guest Killjoy
While I'm still working my way through the excellent and much appreciated 2.640 update I might as well add my current wish list for enhancements to SB Pro PE to the thread. I know some of the below has already been requested, which is great, but my personal priorities for additional vehicles and features are:

1. Crewable M1A2 SEP with 3D interior

2. Crewable Marder 1A3 with visible Milan (when fitted)

3. Crewable Luchs A1

4. Working in-scenario mortar fire support in 81mm (M125) and 120mm (M1064) calibre with HE, smoke rounds etc.

5. British battle group components, including:

• Crewable Chieftain Mk 5 and/or Mk 11 with 3D interior
  • Crewable Warrior
  • Crewable Scimitar and Scorpion
  • Crewable FV432
  • Crewable Ferret

6. Additional helicopters, including:

• OH-58D
  • AH-64x
  • MBB Bo 105/PAH-1 (HOT)
  • Lynx AH.1 (TOW)
  • UH-60x