Preparing to de-lurk

Ratseal

Greetings all - I have been reading and spinning up my gyros to re-enter the sim. I plan to drag at least one of the kids in after me. Currently working through installation debugging with the CM stick, hopefully I will be up and running soon. Then it is off to the "Tanks!", if it is still there...

I plan to drag Shotmagnet kicking and screaming in after me. We'll see, it might be tough. He went and got a VASL-ectomy for playing the fabled Avalon Hill game.

Ok, fixed the CM stick challenge by going to the wibu site and DLing their latest runtime engine. Now I have to figure out how to get my SB Pro PE upgraded to the last level that I paid for, given that my email archive is corrupt. Hopefully, my CM stick license will reflect the correct level. Sending email to Ssnake.

So far, it really hasn't been an elegant process.

Uninstalled v2.251. Paid for and dl v2.6x, then installed it. Double checked that the CM runtime version survived the uninstall. Went back for DirectX9.

And... now were UP!

Off to the range. Or bed. Something.

So far, it really hasn't been an elegant process.

Uninstalled v2.251. Paid for and dl v2.6x, then installed it. Double checked that the CM runtime version survived the uninstall. Went back for DirectX9.

And... now were UP!

Off to the range. Or bed. Something.

Welcome back, you have been missed here:frown:, and Shot also.:remybussi:

Nice to see some old fokes around these tanks again:biggrin:

Gary Owen! Well, I might pick up VASL again too, but Shot has a dismaying ability for rolling criticals.

@ Gibson - I am SO rusty. I don't even want to state what my first range score was with the M1. I fiddled a bit with all the platforms, some pretty cool stuff out there. A few of the platforms are pretty hard to run. I can't see becoming expert at all of them...

12A - thanks. Any idea what the active membership or participation in the Friday romps might be?

@ Rat - hello, sewer-kin!

Shot is still alive and still looking forward to brawling with his old friends Gary, Dark, 12A, and not-least Rat. And a host of others. That means you, Hell-Hound.

Shot remembers that Rat taught him to 'PC Tango', as well. Shot is working a variety of issues at the moment, but promised to return to the game sooner rather than later. New CM stick, and the scratch for the update.

Shot will return, however. Especially if his friends are once more in the fight.

Rat, if HH can't make it, you and Gary and I should either join Gary's VU, or form our own (and ally ourselves with Gary).

Anyway, Shot is coming back. And promises not to speak of himself in the third person for too much longer.

Shot

Or a lambic.

Shot

Is that like a dance where you lean backwards under a pole Where does the thong come into it?

Also, Ren, good to see you, and thanks.

@ Shot, why can't we carry on with the 29th with HH in absentia?

I am hoisting a few beers with Dr. D. down TX way this week, we'll see about this mysterious lambada then.

For the sake of propriety I'd say that if we were to reconstitute the old VU with the old membership (and add some new faces) then we should necessarily call it something else. Just seems proper.

All about lambic. And no, it's not a dance.

Speaking of beer, while you're doing the lambada with the good doctor please do give my best to him and his wife. Also interrogate him about where a good chimay might be found. You won't be sorry.

Too bad I won't be there myself. In absentia I promise to send a picture of myself, wearing a thong.

You asked for it.

Shot

Speaking of beer, while you're doing the lambada with the good doctor please do give my best to him and his wife. Also interrogate him about where a good chimay might be found. You won't be sorry.

Too bad I won't be there myself. In absentia I promise to send a picture of myself, wearing a thong.

You asked for it.

Shot

I have a few cases, brown and blue labels, in the cellar along with some Rochefort 10, Kasteel donker and some Lindemans lambic Kriek, also some of that Scottish beer from Brew Dog called Tokyo, you are welcome to come and sample if you are in the area. Slanté :)