How to install skins

RogueSnake79

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most are based on real colours, but there are a few fictional skins as well (At least one CR2 skin for the M1A1, and IIRC another for the Leo 2A5 - WW2 'ambush pattern' for various tanks - WarPac skins to make Leo 1 look 'a bit like' T55s, Leo 2 'a bit like' a crewable Follow-on Soviet Tank, for multiplayer purposes etc).

• 2 weeks later...
I am a complete new recruit here, and learning the new terminology. What is a TIS Skin. Sorry :confused:

FYI

TIS is the UV map used for the Thermal image in Sim. As Tac said they either show up red or green with a heat signature coming from engine compartment and various other places on the vehic.

• 1 month later...

heya fellas. havent been around much, but im glad we still exist

speaking of skins, as you can tell, I'm a Command & Conquer fan. I've actually tooled around with the scenarios to make missions based on Tiberian Dawn

is there a skin to create urban camouflage (black/white/gray) patterns on the vehicles? those would reflect Nod colors.

speaking of skins, as you can tell, I'm a Command & Conquer fan. I've actually tooled around with the scenarios to make missions based on Tiberian Dawn

is there a skin to create urban camouflage (black/white/gray) patterns on the vehicles? those would reflect Nod colors.

Leo 2A5 in PSO colors is pretty good for that: http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/282/p13_fileid/1615

you could easily paint the templates with a camo over the original lines with black, white and gray. be sure and post um if you do :biggrin:

Personally I'd just leave the vehicles camo'd as they are, my view is the grey and gold scheme is to differentiate between units on a 2D map.

When you get on the ground as SB does I'd like to think GDI and NOD would paint their vehicles to blend in a bit, they are fighting an all out war after all.

And limit the vehicles to each side.

M1A1 = Med Tank (obvious really)

M113AS4 = APC might have to skin this one Aus camo sticks out a bit.

Jaguar = stealth tank

Leo 1 = very approx Light tank (Brad weaponry is a bit too light to go toe to toe with an M1)

If you want to increase the flavour turn off Thermals.

Stealth tanks really are stealth if you position them right.

Just remembered quick question, do the skins from 2.370 beta work in 2.460, ie could i use a blank skin from 2.370 reskin it and use that skin in 2.460, appart from the new stuff that is ?

Yes, except for the M1, Leo2A4 and BMD which have updated 3D models in 2.460.

It's trash really. Just wanted to see what the pattern would look like on an actual vehicle. More of an experiment than a skin admittedly.

Andym, if you want a copy, PM me your e-mail and I'll send it off to you. I won't clutter the SB Skins download area with this POS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Negative, that folder is for the infantry.

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME"\My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures

and then put the skins in the seasone you want them in (Woodland, Winter, Autumn or Desert). If the skin is for the red side, then just put it in the "Red" folder inside the season folder.

Negative, that folder is for the infantry.

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME"\My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures

and then put the skins in the seasone you want them in (Woodland, Winter, Autumn or Desert). If the skin is for the red side, then just put it in the "Red" folder inside the season folder.

Giving Andy remedial SBP training eh!

Guys,

Thanks for the remedial training, I just hate the vista file structure.

Tanks

Andy

Andy,

Yes I know what you mean, I've been XP all along but when I help out friends who have Vista on their machines it is frustating at times. Though I am considering upgrading to 7 but maybe running a dual boot system. Glad you,re getting your problems solved.

C