Leopard 2 A7+

maddin

Hello

I always thought the new Leopard 2 A7+ has a bomblet protection on top of the turret like the swedish Leopard 2 (Stridsvagn 122) or the spnish (Leopardo). But I'm not so sure anymore. I tried to find some information but couldn't find any. Anybody here who knows more?

Regards

Martin

The one presented at the Eurosatory 2010 exhibition hadn't anything on the roof (in terms of protection).

Externally speaking the 2A7 differs from it's predecessors by the addition of side armor (turret and hull), the RWS, new commander sight and 2 cameras for the driver station .

Taking a good look at pictures of the Leopard 2 A7+ it doesn't look like he has bomblet protection. I guess the only picture who are out are the one of the demonstrator. Anyway, I think it is odd to design a tank for urban environment with a lot of extra protection around and not on the top. Most of the cities have buildings hihger than one floor which makes it easy to shoot at the tank from a high roof right on top of it.

Regards

Martin

Taking a good look at pictures of the Leopard 2 A7+ it doesn't look like he has bomblet protection. I guess the only picture who are out are the one of the demonstrator. Anyway, I think it is odd to design a tank for urban environment with a lot of extra protection around and not on the top. Most of the cities have buildings hihger than one floor which makes it easy to shoot at the tank from a high roof right on top of it.

Regards

Martin

Sssh! The AI infantry may be listening. ;)