Grenny

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9030 für mich, bitte!

Can we get the Zipster a dedicated "Camera" CV9030? :)

(Have to be a silent movie though)

Edit:

Okey dokey

I Have read the "O group" Brief and cross referenced with the map.

So the QRH CO has a vague idea of whats going on.

(We're going West then South.)

If Mr Grenny/Ronin would be avaliable on TS @ 1900BST/1800GMT on Wed a verbal brief could be given to UKArmour players participating in this Mission?

Edited by Hedgehog

If Mr Grenny/Ronin would be avaliable on TS @ 1900BST/1800GMT on Wed a verbal brief could be given to UKArmour players participating in this Mission?

0500 on Thursday morning my time.

I'll be there (to either be part of the UK brief or get the recce / log brief as required).

Was going to ask when the planning session was scheduled for, but this covers it. :)

Sorry, I forgot that!

No try to get new Members for the German Homepage ;-)

Here is the Map:

Sorry to be a nuisance. I've downloaded the map onto my Desktop, but I'm not sure just where to place it in SB. My SB folder on the C-Drive doesn't have a map sub-folder, and I don't think it goes into the program folder (but it might). Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

So what are you running Windows XP or Vista/Windows 7?

The answer varies.

The following is WRONG - see Post #35 below

Windows XP:

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\height

Vista / Windows 7:

C:\Users\All Users\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\height

Since its a “height” map.

For a “terrain” map all the same except “terrain” instead of “height”.

Edited by Gibsonm

XP for the time being. This is new for me (not having played with SB maps before), hence I went straight to the C/SB folder. Thanks for the lead to the ProgramData folder.

Not sure that I can make if for what will be for me a Friday afternoon. But if I can, I'll try to join and fill any available position. Thx again! :)

Made an error (sorry if that has led you astray).

Got home and looked at my Windows 7 machine and it is in fact:

Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\height

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\height

Since its a “height” map.

For a “terrain” map all the same except “terrain” instead of “height”.

Pretty sure "ProgramData" is hidden by default so you may need to "unhide it" to make it visible.

Edited by Gibsonm

Hi, Gib

Interesting turn of events. I got to the height folder and placed the height file into it. I then got a dialogue box asking me if I wanted to replace the file of the same name (921 kb) with the newer version (1.36 MB). Not being too terribly slow, I made the switch.

That probably explains why I could run the scenario earlier without the newer height file: the old one served the purpose of opening. What the effect would have been if I had tried to play Friday with the old one, I do not know. All to say that the current version is "home," and I should be set to go Friday. Thx again for your assistance!

SB Version Note:

The mission on friday will be played on 2.640 regardless of eventual patch releases.

Point is that we can't test the scenario completely on the new version before the game kicks of.

So we stay on the save side and run it with 2.640

If the patch arrives earlier, please delay the update on your maschine, or install it in a different folder.

Otherwise you won't be able to join....

Just tried to register on PzBn 911. My almost useless German notwithstanding (thank Gott for internet translations!) I think that I'm set to go once I get my email on how to activate my account.

For Friday, I'll go wherever I'm needed. Perhaps I'd better brush up on the Challenger, just in case. :)

Danke sehr for the opportunity!

Point taken: even as a client, don't use WLAN. :D

Being the pointman can be sooo stressing. Though I got to kill a guy with a missile launcher at the burning cars, so I am not sad about dropping.

Next time I will be using wire, all the way.