daskal

Basra map

Well I have started nothing less than reconstructing the whole city of Basra with SB map editor. This time - unlike with the Baghdad raid map - i intend to recreate the whole city. It's going to take several months I guess with the pace I am going, but it is coming along nicely. here are some pics:

Basra1-1.jpg

Looking good, though I think it'll drive you insane by the time you've finished it, there's a lot of work there :eek2:

I appreciate the work and am looking forward to when it's finished :)

So far it is working out great, no framrate issues whatsoever. I would say it will take about 3-4 months to be completed, this depends on the time I can devote to this project. Right now I think its working out smooth, because now I have a feel for how to build urban areas, and make look decent and not repetative - especially with the new objects that we have at our disposals.

Its coming along nicely, outskirts, and southern segment of the city already in good shape. Tick the HD switch for better quality on youtuibe:

nTpgD8a06t0&hd=1

its going to be a good place to fight H2H scenarios as well.

Looks great so far dude. I look at that and think, "that's a place I never want to be". So you must be doing something right :)

Thanks! I hope the new engine will help in terms of handling massive urban areas. I am not having any problems in terms of FPS so far though, but the city is just getting bigger.