SB Pro PE 2.654

Ssnake

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One point was probably my fault - many of the Leopard 2 ballistic computer related issues will not make it into the Personal Edition because they are gunnery-specific elements (which were always reserved for the classroom version). We don't want to overcomplicate matters.

I shouldn't have copied and pasted them into the release notes in the first place.

Too bad, but understood...

- Rump

The following is an (approximate) extract from Ssnake's internal monolog:

"Ah, Cut & Paste, we meet again, when I left I was but a learner, now I am, er, still the learner. B**ger"

:)

As a Technical Writer, I have great respect for the cockup potential of C&P. I have seen plenty. All made by others, of course. ;)

I stumbled upon the full version download of 2.654 on the e-sim download page (7 parts, apparently up since midweek). Uninstalled my patched version and downloaded/installed without incident.

Sorry to see the camo texture mod folders are still broken. I thought I understood that the full download would fix that.

Anyway. The workaround still works.

..."broken" to the extent that they don't exist, or that they do exist but don't work as intended?

The latter, I suppose, with a caveat.

The texture mod folders for troops (camo) -- the ones that live in the Documents folder along with the other mods -- have not worked since the advent of 3D infantry.

While the release notes do not specifically say they are intended to work, I thought such might be the case. I figured: Why add "additional folders for camouflage texture mods" (emphasis in document) if the feature did not work?

But a quick test proved it does not.

The caveat: I can't verify that the "added" folders exist, because I cannot find any apparent difference between camo texture folders available in 2.640 and 2.654 -- either in the main game installation or in the mods folder.

• Members

Okay, I guess they were added not as a part of a new feature but in preparation of a new feature and that one of the programmers thought that it wouldn't hurt to add the folders. Apparently I misunderstood the intent of this and was a bit overly eager in its description in the release notes.

This entire incident has prompted us to reassess certain internal communications processes. Hopefully there will be no repeat performance.

On a brighter note, I noticed a fix that did appear (though it's not included in the release notes): The troops using the "russian_barmitsa" model now utilize the corresponding "barmitsa" equipment and its associated texture file, instead of the US stuff.

:thumbup:

• Moderators

Here is how the infantry mods folders are supposed to be structured...

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\at

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\au

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\ca

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\cd

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\cn

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\de

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\dk

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\er

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\es

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\et

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\fi

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\iq

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\nl

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\no

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\nz

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\ru

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\se

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\uk

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\us

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\us 2000

...mods\textures\camo\woodland\za

...mods\textures\camo\winter\at

...mods\textures\camo\winter\au

...mods\textures\camo\winter\ca

...mods\textures\camo\winter\cd

...mods\textures\camo\winter\cn

...mods\textures\camo\winter\de

...mods\textures\camo\winter\dk

...mods\textures\camo\winter\er

...mods\textures\camo\winter\es

...mods\textures\camo\winter\et

...mods\textures\camo\winter\fi

...mods\textures\camo\winter\iq

...mods\textures\camo\winter\nl

...mods\textures\camo\winter\no

...mods\textures\camo\winter\nz

...mods\textures\camo\winter\ru

...mods\textures\camo\winter\se

...mods\textures\camo\winter\uk

...mods\textures\camo\winter\us

...mods\textures\camo\winter\us 2000

...mods\textures\camo\winter\za

...mods\textures\camo\desert\at

...mods\textures\camo\desert\au

...mods\textures\camo\desert\ca

...mods\textures\camo\desert\cd

...mods\textures\camo\desert\cn

...mods\textures\camo\desert\de

...mods\textures\camo\desert\dk

...mods\textures\camo\desert\er

...mods\textures\camo\desert\es

...mods\textures\camo\desert\et

...mods\textures\camo\desert\fi

...mods\textures\camo\desert\iq

...mods\textures\camo\desert\nl

...mods\textures\camo\desert\no

...mods\textures\camo\desert\nz

...mods\textures\camo\desert\ru

...mods\textures\camo\desert\se

...mods\textures\camo\desert\uk

...mods\textures\camo\desert\us

...mods\textures\camo\desert\us 2000

...mods\textures\camo\desert\za

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\at

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\au

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\ca

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\cd

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\cn

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\de

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\dk

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\er

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\es

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\et

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\fi

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\iq

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\nl

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\no

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\nz

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\ru

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\se

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\uk

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\us

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\us 2000

...mods\textures\camo\autumn\za

-----------------

Now I know for a fact that these folders are not added to the "patch" install, but they are added to the full build install AFAICR. Most of these folders should be there, but you may have to add some. You can then copy and paste the ...textures\camo\woodland and rename it to desert, winter, autumn so that you don't have to create all the sub folders every time.

Beyond that, these mods paths are supposed to be used. Try them out, if they don't work when you put the appropriately named texture in those folders then let us know (it seems like you are saying they don't work, but I just want to be sure your paths above are correct).

Yes, I have that structure. Full build install of 2.654 after uninstalling the patched version. Example below.

No, they do not function.

I can change the uniform if I place my file in the MAIN game install (in my case C:\Simulations\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\Textures\....) after renaming the stock one, of course. Placing the same file in the mod folder has zero effect.

screenshot.jpg.cc86f3a32636f90b42f6a7512

screenshot.jpg.cc86f3a32636f90b42f6a7512

Edited by Splash
Clarity

• Moderators
Yes, I have that structure. Full build install of 2.654 after uninstalling the patched version. Example below.

No, they do not function.

I can change the uniform if I place my file in the MAIN game install (in my case C:\Simulations\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\Textures\....) after renaming the stock one, of course. Placing the same file in the mod folder has zero effect.

OK, thanks for that info - I will pass it along. Specifically though, which sub folder are you using? It might be that some folders work and some do not. Also (obviously) certain textures are not read for certain sub folders -- for example the US type uniform textures are only loaded from certain nationalities and others only load the RU versions of the file.

Thanks for the upgrade!

I noticed that when in the operator position of the javelin missile team, I cannot control which target is selected. Am I not doing something correctly? (I also noticed this in the previous version.)

Also I noticed that the BTR80s do not burn or smoke when destroyed.

OK, thanks for that info - I will pass it along. Specifically though, which sub folder are you using? It might be that some folders work and some do not. Also (obviously) certain textures are not read for certain sub folders -- for example the US type uniform textures are only loaded from certain nationalities and others only load the RU versions of the file.

Sorry, didn't notice the follow-up question.

Since the full install of 2.654 I have specifically tried these camo mod folders:

desert/US (uniform, equipment and face textures)

desert/US 2000 (uniform, equipment and face textures)

desert/iq (uniform and equipment textures)

woodland/US (face texture)

The modded files, (obviously), are of the same type (US vs. RU) as the stock ones, and work when placed in the main game installation rather than the mod path folders.

• Moderators
Sorry, didn't notice the follow-up question.

Since the full install of 2.654 I have specifically tried these camo mod folders:

desert/US (uniform, equipment and face textures)

desert/US 2000 (uniform, equipment and face textures)

desert/iq (uniform and equipment textures)

woodland/US (face texture)

The modded files, (obviously), are of the same type (US vs. RU) as the stock ones, and work when placed in the main game installation rather than the mod path folders.

OK thanks for that. When you get a chance, can you also try one of the other folders? A random one like ZA will do. Thanks!

OK thanks for that. When you get a chance, can you also try one of the other folders? A random one like ZA will do. Thanks!

Sure. Just tickled to be of service.

Textures placed in the CD subfolder of mods/textures/camo/woodland do not show up on Congolese troops in a woodland-themed map. Red nor blue.

• Moderators
Ok thanks. Hmm sounds like none of the folders work. We will look into that.

Me again. Splash could you navigate to the ...mods\camo\woodland\at folder and then (if using Windows 7) at the top of window right click on the path and say "copy as text" and paste it here? For example, my full path is:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\camo\woodland\at

...what is yours?

• 2 weeks later...