BRAVE RIFLES CAMPAIGN released!

Zipuli

Hello!

June 1988, west of Hannover. World War III, and you in the middle of it...

Some of you have been asking to get your hands on the BRAVE RIFLES campaign scenarios. So here they are! The multiplayer COOP campaing was played in February 2011 by a big number of PE community members. I have updated the files to newest PE version and added automatic ending for the missions. There is no scoring. Notice that the casualties/ammo amounts, unit locations etc. are carried over to following missions according to the original playthrough in 2011!

This campaign was designed to be played in multiplayer, but single player is possible as well.

This is how it was done in 2011:

You really think you can do better? ;)

Should be available in downloads section soon!

Enjoy!

Zipuli, yours was the first co-op mission I encountered using the M1A1. And to be totally honest, by the end of the first and second missions, I was starting to understand the 'shell-shock' of Soviet artillery... it reminded me of what they informed me about my time in Korea.

I was curious to know if you would also edit the units to 1988 specs and have standard M1s and M60s as well as Leo 1A5s be included in the mix-up, and just what was in the ranks of the Soviets you were facing.

Aside from that, I should tip my hat to you, Brun and the others, for an amazing campaign.

Zipuli, yours was the first co-op mission I encountered using the M1A1. And to be totally honest, by the end of the first and second missions, I was starting to understand the 'shell-shock' of Soviet artillery... it reminded me of what they informed me about my time in Korea.

I was curious to know if you would also edit the units to 1988 specs and have standard M1s and M60s as well as Leo 1A5s be included in the mix-up, and just what was in the ranks of the Soviets you were facing.

Aside from that, I should tip my hat to you, Brun and the others, for an amazing campaign.

There are all those units represented in the missions. To my knowledge 3ACR was fitted with M1A1s and M3 BFVs, so they are in the campaign! The M60s etc. can be seen here and there if you keep your eyes open :)

There are all those units represented in the missions. To my knowledge 3ACR was fitted with M1A1s and M3 BFVs, so they are in the campaign! The M60s etc. can be seen here and there if you keep your eyes open :)

Understood. I caught a glimpse of a M60 in there. :) Not sure about the German units, but my guess is you guys were more focused on tactics the U.S. Army would have had to use. I don't know about the rest of those who watched the campaign on Youtube, but I know that I was feeling a lot of frustration by the end of the third mission with all the arty fire that was falling down on your heads, and the Hinds as well. But I suppose that sort of immersion is exactly what you guys were looking for. By the time the Big Red One showed up in the sixth mission, my thought was, "What took you so long?!"

In the Second Battle of the campaign Delta Co was to move a platoon or 2 to engage the enemy and draw them into A Co's fire. Instead All of delta got caught up in a point blank battle out of the range of A Co's fire support forcing A co to move out to help D co and stop the enemy attack. Kingtigers recovery and repair work in the Third battle to get the damaged stuff out of the way of the soviet artillery is what gave us a chance and having anything alive at the end.

I see... so Stadthagen was the real crucible... how many times did you have to rearm your tanks?!

And I feel sorry for those Leopard 1A5s who were trying to escape. But do any of you keep a record of how many you were facing off against throughout the entire campaign?

Zipuli,

Thanks for making these public.

Do we need a Red player or has it all been automated?

Might inflict them on BG ANZAC while I walk around wearing the "been there, done that" T Shirt. :)

Crazyhorse Actual.

(BTW - Any news on finalizing the T-72 target practice, sorry campaign?) :)

Red is automated (scripted) and cannot be played by human in MP. The missions can of course be played as single player, but there is so many units in some scenarios that a good script (plan) may be useful :)

What I actually meant, Mark, was to upload the actual .pln-files.

Of course, the written-out plan that you refer to, is also helpful

and even more interesting given your professional experience

(something that many of us lack here, or is dating from the previous century,

as is the case for me ...)

Red is automated (scripted) and cannot be played by human in MP. The missions can of course be played as single player, but there is so many units in some scenarios that a good script (plan) may be useful :)

Awesome,thx.make more.

Hereby a very primitive plan for the 1st mission.

May I encourage everone to load up their various plans - will be helpful to get through this campaign.

No save plan feature was available at the time of the campaign. As Co A I was givin a brief which included Gibsomns recon info and a Map to print out. I pen and inked the plan on paper then drew the graphics up at game time. I Still have the maps and plans I dew up for A Co's 1st and 2nd battles.

For the later battles with many damaged units to deal with I had detailed plans written for recovery, rearm, repair stuff but all that has been lost.

I see... so Stadthagen was the real crucible... how many times did you have to rearm your tanks?!

And I feel sorry for those Leopard 1A5s who were trying to escape. But do any of you keep a record of how many you were facing off against throughout the entire campaign?

Um, Lots. And Lots. And Lots.

Of T-80s. (and even more T-72s)

He he, I wanna go again!

That was some uber fun there, Mr Zip!

"Shit! They're coming right at us! What do we do?!"

"Um, Hide!"

(Well that was my plan, the others had more uh direct thinking.)

Is there supposed to be any contact besides some screen stuff on the 1st mission? In a SP test I established both blocking positions and used the triggers and the mission ended with about 40 minutes to go.

Seems like its mostly an ambiance/introduction mission.

Well I can't speak to the "new" version but certainly in the original there was (refer the contact reports and SITREPs I sent in the original thread).

I guess it depends on where you established the blocking positions and how far North you went.

BG ANZAC is likely to run this on Thursday night (our time) so I can give you better feedback after that.

Well I can't speak to the "new" version but certainly in the original there was (refer the contact reports and SITREPs I sent in the original thread).

I guess it depends on where you established the blocking positions and how far North you went.

Did a main body attack or was it mostly a screen of bmps?