Campaign: Red Tide '85 (discussion thread)

Volcano

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so when is the first battles starting?

Just reinstalled and updated the game again.

"The campaign is PLANNED to begin on Friday, July 13th (doom's day)." from the first post. The first recon is slated for July 11th, main battle July 13th.

Well Mark, as you know I am C.O because when I went looking for a UK-based virtual unit I was unable to find one - and so had to form one. This was when I had only been playing SB for a couple of weeks. I have never laid claim to experience or expertise that I don't have. At the moment my guys seem quite happy, but should we be able to recruit someone with suitable expertise who would like the job, I would be happy to stand aside gracefully. :) As you once said, 'UK Armour is run a bit like a gentleman's club'. Sort of semi-democratic.

Volcano,

Any idea as to when you are closing nominations (just so I know beforehand if I'm a Brigade commander or Battlegroup CO)?

Also apart from the trace will we receive some sort of SITREP so we can plan the first battle (or is it "find out on the night")?

• Moderators
Volcano,

Any idea as to when you are closing nominations (just so I know beforehand if I'm a Brigade commander or Battlegroup CO)?

Also apart from the trace will we receive some sort of SITREP so we can plan the first battle (or is it "find out on the night")?

Hmm, well, you can always grab the slot up anytime, but otherwise I was planning on leaving it open until Sunday evening here when I will request that one of the BN commanders take it.

Some things for everyone to keep in mind:

• As mentioned, the campaign is intended to keep going every week as long as Sean is around to host (because the SCEs are so large), so if overall CO is not present then one of the BN commanders will have to step up.
  • As for myself, I will probably play on the side that has fewer people from week to week in both recon and main battle SCEs, so I will hopefully help offset any lack of attendance, but I will not act as a stand-in for the overall CO (that wouldn't be right).

Edited by Volcano

BTW, I will be available for questions for both overall COs after this week's TGIF scenario (JUL 6). Hopefully by then we will have a BLUEFOR CO. ;)

In any case I want to take that time to discuss a few important things to both commanders.

I’m afraid I’ve just received some marching orders that require me to be away from “OMG its early” tomorrow my time until “OMG its late“ Monday night my time.

So unfortunately I won't be able to participate in TGIF (or 1CAD or BG ANZAC) but I’ll try and make the TS session.

As forecast, if you don’t have someone clamouring for the glory of BLUEFOR CO by the start of TGIF, I’m happy to take it on.

I gather apart from overall direction, its going to be a Bn CO’s fight primarily so if I’m not around (the next few days being a classic example) it shouldn’t impact too much as long as I issue my intent, etc. early on.

Always thought it was poor form for a one star to be up the front yelling “follow me” and trying to influence the CO’s fight anyway. ;)

• Moderators
I’m afraid I’ve just received some marching orders that require me to be away from “OMG its early” tomorrow my time until “OMG its late“ Monday night my time.

So unfortunately I won't be able to participate in TGIF (or 1CAD or BG ANZAC) but I’ll try and make the TS session.

As forecast, if you don’t have someone clamouring for the glory of BLUEFOR CO by the start of TGIF, I’m happy to take it on.

I gather apart from overall direction, its going to be a Bn CO’s fight primarily so if I’m not around (the next few days being a classic example) it shouldn’t impact too much as long as I issue my intent, etc. early on.

Always thought it was poor form for a one star to be up the front yelling “follow me” and trying to influence the CO’s fight anyway. ;)

Ah, no worries. If you end up as BLUEFOR CO and you can't make the small meeting after TGIF, then we can do it Tuesday night TGIF time. It shouldn't take too long, maybe 15 minutes or so.

Pretty much right at the command level. Sometimes you get a VC, sometimes you get a bullet, and sometimes you get both:

LCol H. Jones, VC, 2nd Bn Para Regt, Falklands 1982 - RIP

• Moderators

Well, at this point - unless some TGIF veteran slaps me in the face with "I WANT TO BE BLUEFOR CO!" post, then it looks like Gibsonm will be the man. Kause, you can certainly be the XO if Gibsonm is OK with that, but it is his call (he might have a different system in mind, like Bn commanders act as XO from week to week).

Well, at this point - unless some TGIF veteran slaps me in the face with "I WANT TO BE BLUEFOR CO!" post, then it looks like Gibsonm will be the man. Kause, you can certainly be the XO if Gibsonm is OK with that, but it is his call (he might have a different system in mind, like Bn commanders act as XO from week to week).

Well I will take it if Gibsonm does not want it. Well just gonna say this " I WANT TO BE BLUEFORE CO! " ; )