BG ANZAC - 28 JUN 12 AAR

Gibsonm

The night started out with a longish chat about the Red Tide '85 project and a bit of a backbrief from me on SimTecT and Army's Simulation Conference (which I was at last week) and a couple of things that might end up in the Pro PE version (improved Australian mapping, etc.).

Meanwhile back at the war ....

We were back North with Apache Troop, Bandit Troop and Dragon Company pushing forward looking to clean up Soviet remnants and preparing to withdraw under pressure in the face of a new Soviet onslaught reportedly coming our way.

I had some misgivings as to how this would play out - we had six people, of various experience levels, to run three company sized units, only one of which (Dragon) was a pure tank unit and we were advancing to contact and then executing a delay (at least it wasn't night :)).

The guys did very well, not only did we hold but the mission ended automatically, (no resort to the Trigger) with the Soviet attack severely blunted.

Dragon was however "gone" (he had the FO vehicle and his damaged tank forward, with 3 recovered and being repaired) and Apache and Bandit were adjusting to cover what had been Dragon in the centre.

The key AAR point is the need to train (learn / re learn) how to conduct a delay.

Dragon put pretty much everything forward and had good firepower but when it had to displace they had no depth to provide support as the lead units withdrew so the were cut up as they moved, too "brittle".

AAR: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19518131/BRAVE%20RIFLES%20Cam_062812GIBSON-SERVE2021.aar

I think it compares reasonably with the performance of the seasoned crew first time around.

http://youtu.be/vFZuC28HXHQ

Edited by Gibsonm