CV90 Air Target Mode

blackattack

Hey guys,

can anybody explain me the difference between air target mode and moving target mode?

It seems to me that automatic lead is a little bit low?!

And why is the Griffon that resistant that you need approximately 4 shots in gated proximity mode?

I'm also not able in the 3P tutorial to hit the two Mi-24 flying directly towards me. My Infantry Squad is solving the Problem for me all the time.

Does anybody have the same problems?

Thanks for your help

blackattack

in SB, the air targeting mode is a work-in-progress.

in reality, the air targeting mode is a sort of auto-tracking mode, where you lase twice with an interval, and the turret will dynamically track the target in 3 dimensions, as well as adjust the LRF range.

Moving target = 2D tracking, while air target = 3D tracking.

I'm not sure why the Grifon seems to be so resistant. I find that it is easier to shoot down a Hind than the Grifon, but I know the Hind should be the more durable of the two. ??

When scripting missions, I only use the helos to drop paras because their AI is sketchy at best. I'm still waiting for a bit more realistic AI and MANPADs before using them much more than dropping at LZs, which to their credit the AI handles really well.

• 2 weeks later...