1st Canadian Armor Division

Guest theGUNSLINGER

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those interested in the book - I have the UK Hardback edition, there is a US softcover edition.

First Clash: World War Three Hardcover – 1 Dec 1985
by Kenneth Macksey

Hardcover: 248 pages
Publisher: Arms & Armour Press; 1st Edition edition (Dec. 1985)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0853687366
ISBN-13: 978-0853687368
Product Dimensions: 23.1 x 16 x 1.3 cm

https://www.amazon.com/First-Clash-Combat-Close-Up-World/dp/0425107566/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476955689&sr=8-1&keywords=first+clash

https://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Clash-World-War-Three/dp/0853687366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476955358&sr=8-1&keywords=first+clash

First Clash US Paperback.jpg

First Clash UK Hardback.jpg

Thanks for all attendees. Next week we will be moving into the Troop in the defense, we are now finished with the advance for a while.

Given the nature of a defense there will be a fair amount of gunnery. As per nornal this week we will use a different AFV other than CAN equipment, so the Challenger 2 will be the wpn of our training, and will take place in the defensive training here in Southern New Brunswick.

Hope to see ya all there, and for planning porpoises who is thinking of attending?

1209.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can you confirm the time for tomorrows (2 Nov) session.

We are now on GMT time in the UK (Since Sunday 30 Oct), so are you changing your start time, putting it back 1 hour ?

If you keep your same start time, it will be one hour earlier here (no problem for me - just would like clarification).

8 hours ago, 2-pies said:

Can you confirm the time for tomorrows (2 Nov) session.

We are now on GMT time in the UK (Since Sunday 30 Oct), so are you changing your start time, putting it back 1 hour ?

If you keep your same start time, it will be one hour earlier here (no problem for me - just would like clarification).

Yes I can, time change in effect here,  6.47pm now, mission 9pm tomorrow.

Cheers

Just a bump for this wed night training mission.

We will continue with our Prepared defensive operations, now that the troop has done their prep work we will move into a end state for the position and do a running resupply from said battle position under fire.

hope to see all there .

images.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Training this wed night, more to follow,,,

hope to see all there .

Candian Leopard 1 - CAT-87.jpg

We will attempt to do a counter atk from our prepared battle positions within a troop setting.

Same battle position, same tanks (Leo2A5), same time TGIF-2hrs, same map, same great trg session.

Who is in?

Candian Leopard 1 - CAT-87.jpg

Edited by 12Alfa

Thanks for all attendees, same time next week.

This will be my last on-line mission, I will be leaving the on-line world for some time as I travel to South America, return date is far into the future if at all. Just finished a three year on-line course and need some time to find my self LOL.

There will be more 1CAD missions held, but not from myself.

So who is in for next wed night?

29 minutes ago, 12Alfa said:

Thanks for all attendees, same time next week.

This will be my last on-line mission, I will be leaving the on-line world for some time as I travel to South America, return date is far into the future if at all. Just finished a three year on-line course and need some time to find my self LOL.

There will be more 1CAD missions held, but not from myself.

So who is in for next wed night?

I can't make it next Wednesday (yet again) as we are running a six-day sim here right through the week. This, plus other factors, has reduced my available time for SB to virtually zero, and this situation will probably continue for the foreseeable future. So it's probably best that I follow 12A's lead as well: I'll rejoin SB and 1CAD, as and when possible, "in the fullness of time." 

Best Wishes to all members, and I hope to see you again.

4 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

4 hours ago, Tango29 said:

Best Wishes to all members, and I hope to see you again.

Mate(s),

Enjoy the drive back to the laager with your green flag flying. :)

See you in the Mess and back here when you can.

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Mate(s),

Enjoy the drive back to the laager with your green flag firing. :)

See you in the Mess and back here when you can.

Thanks, Mark. No doubt that I'll be back once a few subjects get sorted. When that happens, the beer's on me!  B|