1st Canadian Armor Division

Guest theGUNSLINGER

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure I can make it this week, just wanted to drop by and show my appreciation for last Wednesday's training session. It was awesome - really great focus on training and some of the tasks that we often overlook. 

I've forwarded the date-time group to the participants during today's Kanium mission. Hopefully you'll get some customers.  

Edited by Apocalypse 31

Hi 12Alfa,

Given that there is lots of interest from a bunch of different time zones across the planet to attend your training sessions (which are great, by the way), to completely remove ambiguity of the start times for the 1CAD training events, you might want to also include GMT time (also known as ZULU time) whenever you promote a new session. In this case, your event start time is September 29, 00:00Z, which is equivalent to September 28, (2100AST, 2000EST, 1900CST, etc). Once DST hits, the local times will change by an hour but the ZULU time will stay constant. However, you may also bump up the ZULU time at DST so that you can start at the same local time for ADT?

Also, to be completely clear to newcomers, you might want to specify on every event that you meet in the steelbeasts.com TeamSpeak server.

Adding these components to every event posting may get your more attendees as there are less barriers to figuring out when and where your events are happening. It took me a bit of sleuthing to figure out when and where exactly you guys met, so I am speaking from experience that the above information would be helpful. FWIW.

45 minutes ago, DarkFib3r said:

Hi 12Alfa,

Given that there is lots of interest from a bunch of different time zones across the planet to attend your training sessions (which are great, by the way), to completely remove ambiguity of the start times for the 1CAD training events, you might want to also include GMT time (also known as ZULU time) whenever you promote a new session. In this case, your event start time is September 29, 00:00Z, which is equivalent to September 28, (2100AST, 2000EST, 1900CST, etc). Once DST hits, the local times will change by an hour but the ZULU time will stay constant. However, you may also bump up the ZULU time at DST so that you can start at the same local time for ADT?

Also, to be completely clear to newcomers, you might want to specify on every event that you meet in the steelbeasts.com TeamSpeak server.

Adding these components to every event posting may get your more attendees as there are less barriers to figuring out when and where your events are happening. It took me a bit of sleuthing to figure out when and where exactly you guys met, so I am speaking from experience that the above information would be helpful. FWIW.

I hear ya, good points.

All are welcome. Event is TGIF-2hrs, on Wed nights right now and we all should be aware of the big TGIF event every Friday night.

I will post a event clock in the future, but the times they are  a changing.........

Trg event in about 5 hrs from the time posted in this post.

12106707_10153731337521457_41536292590196837_n.jpg

Edited by 12Alfa
because I can!

Well, this timer seems to work in the forum. Although it doesn't refresh automatically, only when you refresh the page. To use it, go to http://www.pending.me.uk/ and click the "create a free countdown" button. Once you create the timer, use the BBCode link to add it to your post. You also can't edit the list of sample time zones, but it seems to already have most users covered.

blu_1482645600.png

Edited by Lt DeFault