Teamspeak Whisper List Setup

Tango29

I've got a platoon in the upcoming co-op on 29 Dec. I'll probably want to set up a whisper list to talk to my other three CCs, but it's been a while since I used WL. Is there a short briefing, thread or other guidance somewhere to get this sorted out before STARTEX? A search of the SB site didn't return a link. TIA for any guidance.

Thanks, SP,

OK, the name of the list is now in the left hand box in the WL display, and the Hotkey has been assigned. Not sure what the "Reply Hotkey" does in the greater scheme of things: reply to whom? Next command level up? Not sure yet. And I assume that I "Whisper to" my other three tanks, but is this set as "Clients and Channels" or "Groups?"

I pull my three CCs into the center box from the list on the right, then hit "Apply," Okay," and we're finished. So it's just the points above that I'd like clarified. Better to get this sorted now rather than try to do it on "The Day!"

Thanks, Mark,

Yes, I'm already using "K" as this is what I used some several months ago when I first tried a WL. What I think that I need is to be able to speak to Zip on the company net (my CC's not hearing this) and then speak to my CC's on the WL. Presumably, I'll just set my "default channel" to "Company," build the WL from the Client listing, and all should be well. Just looking for the answers to my two points on the "Reply" hotkey and the "Clients and Channels/Groups" choice, as they might affect my setup.

To me the choice of Main vs WLis driven by the amount of traffic.

I have now built a muscle memory that "print screen" is my TS key so I use that for my most frequent traffic and relegate the WL to the not so frequent traffic.

Either way is fine but you need to ensure that whoever you add to your WL that they add you to theirs as well.

TS seems poorly developed for this sort of thing with poor (too limited) choices.

But I guess its free, so we can't complain. :)

IF you are using the default keyboard layout, suggest you use "J", "K", "L" and "V" for whisper commands.

IF you have played with the keyboard mapping then pick one of the keys that currently does nothing else (otherwise you'll find yourself popping smoke everytime you want to talk or something).

FYI the "V" key --> Load gun on T-72M1

Thanks, Mark,

Yes, I'm already using "K" as this is what I used some several months ago when I first tried a WL. What I think that I need is to be able to speak to Zip on the company net (my CC's not hearing this) and then speak to my CC's on the WL. Presumably, I'll just set my "default channel" to "Company," build the WL from the Client listing, and all should be well. Just looking for the answers to my two points on the "Reply" hotkey and the "Clients and Channels/Groups" choice, as they might affect my setup.

Reply hotkey = "K" in your case

And try to stick to Clients as that specifies particular people and not whole groups, otherwise you tend get cross talk on channel/WLs.

This is by no means definative, just speaking from experience.

Either way is fine but you need to ensure that whoever you add to your WL that they add you to theirs as well.

Now, that I did not know! Thanks for the heads up. As the old saying goes, "The Devil is in the details!" :diable:

"And try to stick to Clients as that specifies particular people and not whole groups, otherwise you tend get cross talk on channel/WLs." Thanks for this, Hedge: much appreciated!

For a platoon commander, this is what you can expect based off the last mission:

1. You will be in a designated channel for your platoon. This means you talk normally to your callsigns, and they in turn talk to you. NO whisper list is needed. It's just like a normal TGIF.

2. As the platoon leader, you will need to set up a whisper list for your company to include all other platoon leaders, the Coy Cdr, and Coy XO (if there is one).

For a platoon commander, this is what you can expect based off the last mission:

1. You will be in a designated channel for your platoon. This means you talk normally to your callsigns, and they in turn talk to you. NO whisper list is needed. It's just like a normal TGIF.

2. As the platoon leader, you will need to set up a whisper list for your company to include all other platoon leaders, the Coy Cdr, and Coy XO (if there is one).

Rgr. I thought that I would be on a company net with a WL to my platoon. But it's just the reverse: pl on a standard net, I'm in a WL to coy. Thx.