ChuikovChambered

Help for a New Dude

The following is an introduction of a new member (myself) and a few requests for help.

Hello, my name is ChuikovChambered. I have been practicing with this incredible sim for some time. But I could use some help. Among other things, how do you survive something like Border Patrol? It's an awesome scenario, but what can you do to ensure the T-80s don't overrun you in a bot rush? I'm also not very good with artillery, which I suspect is a big problem for me in this scenario. Is there any way to bring it down on an attacking force without having to wait 2 minutes and 50 seconds?

But I know I'm not completely useless, because I managed to succeed on Are They Attacking Here? with Leopard 2A5s recently. My main strengths are gunnery:gun: (thanks to the same game that saddled me with the bot rush mentality:confused:), and... teamwork on multiplayer:drink: (also from the same game:confused::confused:). My biggest question is: Could anyone online ever work with and build up someone like this? I don't have Teamspeak yet but I'm hoping to get it soon. Finally, could a person like me ever do well online, and become a leader of a unit, like so many other people who play this game?

Sounds like you already got the basics down, it just takes a while to learn how to be in the right place at the right time. If you have any interest in multiplayer, we have a hth every friday at 9pm CST and we usually do a co op mission afterwards.

Yes, I have the basics down, there's no question about that, now that I think of it. I am doing better in laying out routes for my units than for sending down fire and brimstone.:redface: Still, I like multiplayer and will hop on as soon as I have Teamspeak up and running. Two last questions: 1: I know this will make me sound like a noob, but what's a hth?:confused: 2: Did I pick a good signature?