Target practise rubber tank

rump

Greetings,

A similar rubber design is still being used now. It's used by the tank troop 2Ic's to review, in field, tank drills. They are nearly indistructable, small and work well for practicing troop tank drills before you execute the practiced movements with the real vehicles.

They also use them on the indoor tank/AFV mini ranges with wires attached to allow for "movers" for gunnery pratice. There's a lazer attachment mounted on the turrets that's linked to the sights and barrel and "fires" a Lazer beam at the "target". (Rubber does not reflect lazer light very well)

Later ..... 9erRed

...We use "rubber tanks" anf IFVs for range estimation(using scopes) and aiming training for the PzFst. It also includes some cordes to pull the tanks along ;-)

The training method is called "kleines Zielfeld"("small target area"), in my unit we also had house models and stuff in the same scale.

Based on the size of the screw in that picture, and the grain of the wood, that thing looks really, really small. It must be used basically right next to the AT troops who are practicing! I just find the whole scene terribly funny - picture it, there's some hardcore AT troopers, apparently trying to kill what appears to be a terrified mouse being pulled around by one of their buddies with some string!!

I guess I'm missing something. :)

Based on the size of the screw in that picture, and the grain of the wood, that thing looks really, really small. It must be used basically right next to the AT troops who are practicing! I just find the whole scene terribly funny - picture it, there's some hardcore AT troopers, apparently trying to kill what appears to be a terrified mouse being pulled around by one of their buddies with some string!!

I guess I'm missing something. :)

Hey, its a cheap, ecological training method :-P