• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cant stress this enough, guys:

(Link Fixed)

If you have a wireless router I highly suggest you read this thread: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=7739

you probably wont connect to the game if you do not follow those instructions.

Please enter teamspeak ahead of time if you have questions, or need to check whether teamspeak works, or whether you have connection issues with steel beasts itself. There are many people who can be of assistance, however 5 minutes before game time doesn't allow much time to get things corrected.

Mog

I cant stress this enough, guys:

(Link Fixed)

If you have a wireless router I highly suggest you read this thread: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=7739

you probably wont connect to the game if you do not follow those instructions....

Mog

It has nothing to do with wireless per say, if you have A router, no matter if it's wireless or not u usually have to forward the correct ports to be able to connect to a game.

I have also become somewhat of the "router dude" of SB, so if you see me online on TS just let me know and I'll try and help you out.

OK thanks, Ghost. There you have it. Yet another helpful soul willing to get new players into multiplayer. If you are sitting on the multiplayer sidelines, you are missing a great tanking experience. If you wish to to check your connection, drop in the Teamspeak server and ask someone if they can host a sce so that you may try to connect to it. Even if someone does not have time to actually play the scenario, they usually can take the time to host something to let someone test their ability to connect.

I recommend that if you have an issue, you show up an hour or so before the TGIF start time (9:00 PM US CST) so that people can help you out. Due to the worldwide distribution of players, TGIF starts as close to the top of the hour as possible, as a courtesy to players who may have stayed up into the middle of the night local time to play.

Mog

Remember if you haven't connected to an MP game yet, come early to Teamspeak so someone can help you out. If there a people in a channel without a password on it, go to that channel and ask someone for whatever assistance you may need. Most people are quite helpful and knowledgeable.

Mog

Edited by Mogwa

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I understand there is a server package that would allow more than 8 people to connect to a session. For the record what is the price / requirement for this package?

I assume it would require a dedicated server but what would be the typical bandwidth / system requirements for such a set up ?

SBPro doesn't have a dedicated server. The server machine has to be able to run the full graphical application just like any other client. A dedicated server would rock but I doubt they'll ever have the development time for it. With that, you could host at a colo facility pretty cheaply. I actually looked into it a little and could not find ANY hosting providers that would provide a decent graphics card with a server contract.

There are a few leading members of the community who have specially-compiled versions of SBPro PE with the 8 user limit raised. Sssnake would have to speak to cost about that and availability.

The full version of SBPro is not available to the public, unfortunately. I do wish they'd do that, but I understand why they don't.

• Members
I understand there is a server package that would allow more than 8 people to connect to a session. For the record what is the price / requirement for this package?

The technical issues aside, we issue licenses to user groups based on a few conditions - public visibility, e.g. in the form of written AAR reports at SimHQ.com or some such, at least once every quarter; non-discrimination against players that are not part of your clan/club/virtual unit so that at least on two occasions per week everybody can participate; we decide on a case by case basis. However, we don't charge any money for it but licenses are temporary only and need to be renewed about once a year.