disappearing trees

desertowl

weird graphics behavior that I noticed of - looking at a patch of trees and when i look at them through the binoculars - they disappear!

all my settings are on their highest, and I use a 8800GTS (g92) card.

attached (I hope) are images from regular view and binocular view.

After some more in depth analysis I found that this occurs on very large scenarios with large field of view for ranges of 4000m.

changing the Z-buffer did nothing, however, reducing the ground cover to about 60 did solve the problem. the question is, how does that parameter effects game play and visualization?

should I adjust it per mission according to map type and is there another solution? I doubt that it happens due to lack of resources.

technical data:

VER 2.370 BETA

screen res. : 1680X1050

graphics card: 8800 GTS G92 512M

processor - Intel core 2 quad 2.4 Ghz

2GB of RAM.

• Members

Well, the visual effect should be obvious. If you don't see a big difference in the ground clutter appearance then not only is all well but you will now get better frame rates too.

None of the details settings has an influence on gameplay per se. It's primarily a question of aesthetics. However, in human to human duel situations high ground clutter settings may be detrimental because if can lead to more obscuration of your sights, hence become a handicap. I usually have my settings at around 15% - visually "good enough" for my taste, and at the same time without a serious frame rate drawback.