Windows 8 not supported?

Tim Burton

I have a new computer. I'm not thrilled with Windows 8 64-bit, but it is what it is.

I keep getting the error: Unsupported Operating System, major 6, version 2.2, sp=0.0, type 1.

I'm going to be sad if I can't get this to install, because I just bought the updated patch (been in military training for the better part of a year).

Timothy

• Members

Officially Win 8 is not supported. Yours however is the first report that it might not work. SB Pro even in version 2.6 is made to comply with Win 7 including the 64 bit version, and from what I know all Win 7 compatible applications should also install under Win 8 even if they do not support the "Metro" look.

As I don't have Win 8 myself, my abilities to help you may be limited. Still, it would be good to know in a step by step manner what you did and what error message(s) you got at which point in the installation process. We need all of them, and we need the full text.

Strange, I keep getting the error, but I installed it anyways.

It would probably really help if you provided Ssnake and Retro with the information they've asked for (twice now). :)

They build the programme and if you tell them where the error happens they maybe able to fix it.

Three things I've noticed though with Windows 8 users I've lent the license to:

1. None of them reported this error (it may have happened but they didn't say anything) to me.

2. I asked them to grab the latest codemeter software and use it over they top of the older copy that came bundled with 2.654 as an additional step and this may have avoided that error message.

3. Despite installing "As Administrator", one person had to change the access privileges manually to be able to access the Map Editor.

I got that same error when I installed, but have not seen it since.

codemeter runtime, unsupported op system, major=6,version=2.2,sp=0.0,tupe=1

I did run the latest 64 bit codemeter update before.

Ran a couple single player missions and ok.