point blank misfire

desertowl

Hi all,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but for some reasons when I have a target really close or at point blank (0000 on the LRF) I pull the trigger and... nothing happens!

is this some kind of a failsafe or a S&A mechanism I'm not aware of? the MG is not working as well.

it is really annoying - what gives?

thanks for those who answer...

Moshe.

• Members

At under 200m the Leo's computer will default to battlesight but also block the trigger, so you should hit the battlesight button (E1000 in the Leo2) to get rid of that trigger block, or enter a manual range (like 020 if the target is really close).

• Members

Well, Shift+Fire is the manual trigger (aka Master Blaster). In reality it wouldn't be that easy (since you'd still have to flip the circuit selector, and then use the left hand to press the big red button, which makes it a bit awkward to use the main sights and the right hand at the normal controls).

What one could do with a single hotkey stroke is to switch to Beobachten mode. But in any case the battlesight hotkey seems to be the quickest possible response, and the recommended solution as long as you train yourself to apply corrections if you intend to use the coax and the target is really close.

Single round coax is fun! :biggrin:

One could also lase off-target and then apply manual range with the reticle.

Disclaimer: These are not the "by the book" methods. But whatever keeps you alive and the enemy dead is acceptable!

"Driver! Tracks! Troops!"