screenshots 3.0

Stevo

So say City, Suburban, Rural, Wilderness, ... themes.

"City" church in better state of repair than say "Rural"?

In my experience it tends to be the other way round.

Local Vicars take great pride in their church, or smaller "flocks" = more time to tend to the garden.

Wooo 800th reply!! :debile2:

I'm basing that off this page: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Would it be (technically) possible (sometimes) to randomize the Skins of the Buildings?

Let´s say 1 Church Model, but 3 ore 4 different Skins....

You're not the first to bring it up, but randomness alone doesn't help. First of all, you want to make sure that it's the same randomness on all machines in the same network sessions. That's easy enough to do, but still something that must be considered. Then you maybe don't want randomness, but assign a specific texture to a specific building. This is where the headache starts, I'm told, not the least we need to consider issues of interoperability - between SB Pro PE and the classroom version, but also with other virtual simulations in the same environment. Even if people install the same texture mods, the next question is whether you'd need to make sure to install them in the same sequence so that alternative textures get assigned the same index number internally, etc.

Eventually we will address the issue, so much I can say. But not for version 3.0.

So say City, Suburban, Rural, Wilderness, ... themes.

"City" church in better state of repair than say "Rural"?

I was thinking more country oriented, then linking the building skins to a "theme" like how the different terrain themes can be selected. Of course, that would require a lot of artwork to be created.