Stevo

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@dta_delta

I have a question. I noticed that M1A2SEP TC flat display screen for CITV have a range symbols displayed. It means that CITV have it's own laser range finder? Or it just shows range from gunners main sight and LRF?

Just the range from the gunners sight, the CITV doesn't have it's own LRF.

@dta_delta

I have a question. I noticed that M1A2SEP TC flat display screen for CITV have a range symbols displayed. It means that CITV have it's own laser range finder? Or it just shows range from gunners main sight and LRF?

depends what mode you are in. When you are in CITV SCAN Mode: Manual or Auto, you will have the gunner's range until you press the 2-way range button on the TC handles. When the button is pressed you will get a new range of 1200 meters with a Stadia Reticle only in 13x,25x,50x. This mode allows you to adjust the range just on the CITV screen using the Stadia Reticle. When range is finally determined, The commander presses his designate push button and the gun slews to where the commander is looking while at the same time entering the range determined by the commander into the FCS. After the slew the FCS puts the tank into CITV GLOS mode. The CITV does not have its own LRF.

depends what mode you are in. When you are in CITV SCAN Mode: Manual or Auto, you will have the gunner's range until you press the 2-way range button on the TC handles. When the button is pressed you will get a new range of 1200 meters with a Stadia Reticle only in 13x,25x,50x. This mode allows you to adjust the range just on the CITV screen using the Stadia Reticle. When range is finally determined, The commander presses his designate push button and the gun slews to where the commander is looking while at the same time entering the range determined by the commander into the FCS. After the slew the FCS puts the tank into CITV GLOS mode. The CITV does not have its own LRF.

Interesting, thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...