Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stevo

screenshots 3.0

948 posts in this topic

I must say, the first person views look really good, especially the Commanders vision block view complete with the CITV creating a large blind spot :)

Do we have to purchase an entire new Codemeter, or will it be like previous versions were you purchase an upgrade feel of like $30?

Do we have to purchase an entire new Codemeter, or will it be like previous versions were you purchase an upgrade feel of like $30?

No and yes. :-D

Ok, I have absolutely no problem paying to upgrade, I just don't have the funds to pay $125 again.

:)

Beware, it was indicated by the management that this upgrade, due to the volume of it, will be more expensive than previous ones, most likely. They mentioned a price in the range of 25-50, with a decision for the final price mark not yet made at that time of announcement.

But I beg you - what is 40 or 50 bucks compared to the state's implicit debt?

Edit: Beaten by a minute.

What about the people who own a second license? If they,ll charge 40€ for that too it's gonna add up..

And for those of us with a "full" dongle - 8 licenses?

8?:shock:

litlle player, I have 4 dongles with 3 licences on each!

Why so many Froggy.

Because back in 2006 I wanted to train my platoon with a decent training tool (I used SB gold for this from 2001 to 2006), as my country had chosen a less capable but costly sim for this purpose.

And as I'm not using them now (I am retired), I borrow them with 507RCC, and offer a free demo for frenchs, in order to make the communauty to grow.

Because back in 2006 I wanted to train my platoon with a decent training tool (I used SB gold for this from 2001 to 2006), as my country had chosen a less capable but costly sim for this purpose.

And as I'm not using them now (I am retired), I borrow them with 507RCC, and offer a free demo for frenchs, in order to make the communauty to grow.

Kudos sir.

For your commitment. To your real and virtual unit.

Secondary licenses create a growing administrative burden, I have to say. In the past I offered upgrades at $5.- per secondary license, but all this has to be done manually, and it's sucking away a lot of my time. I'm not sure if I will continue to support them in the traditional manner.

Of course I don't expect everyone to upgrade secondary licenses at full price, that would be madness. At the very least it will be a while after the initial release before I can do it. We will present an alternative first. Maybe this will eliminate much of the need for the established way of secondary licenses. Nothing is set in stone yet, but please understand that it's mostly a matter of practicality that may force me to abandon the secondary license program. It will however not disappear without replacement, let me please repeat that.

I'm not sure if I will continue to support [secondary licenses] in the traditional manner.

Anfiach (if you're listening and still interested): There may be a slight change of plans, depending on what Ssnake's final decision is. Apologies, but I'm sure you understand.

Anfiach, [...] I'll reserve my extra license for you for the two week period just after the release of the new version. That way you're guaranteed to be able to check it out. :)

And Ssnake: Understood. By all means, don't stretch yourself too thin. Do what's best for eSim and for your health! :)

Secondary licenses create a growing administrative burden, I have to say.

Understand totally (the downside of becoming more popular?).

It will however not disappear without replacement, let me please repeat that.

Look forward to reviewing my options. :)

Awards

Damn, I was really hoping to see new pics before the night was over. (EDIT) Alrighty then, thanks for the new screenshots!

I hope you all had a good Memorial Day (U.S. holiday). To all you troops and vets; thank you for serving.

Edited by Scrapper_511

Well, this is all looking very very nice.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but if I look at what I've spent on (*gasp*) World of Tanks (only play non-premium of course though!), Steel Beasts deserves every cent of what they charge.

LOL

I had a small talk (about 6 Beer´s long) with some of the PR Managers of Wargaming Net in Munster and believe me they know how to gain Money!

...wasn't it "free to play"?

Yes it is, BUT.. it is designed so that you WISH to get just a bit of this, and that new cool cammo, and maybe 1 more tank slot, and to add this emblem .. and when you look behind you have spent 50€ in no time.

BTW, im Working for Wargaming.net, so yeah... WoT cant compare to SB in any way, except that there are few tanks that are common for both games. About forum community and players I wont even start talking.

If i would have to choose would i spend my time&money on SB or WoT, it is Sim vs COD arcade type. I would grab Sim always.

Has the AMX-13 crewable positions?

No, according to Ssnake on some other opportunity today. Leo-1A2 and 1V also not crewable.

8?:shock:

I have "full" dongle - 5 licenses ... :eek2:

I hope there's a break for upgrading the additional ones...

Regards,

Doug