• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...wasn't it "free to play"?

....Just in case that's not a sarcasm-

It's good old "free to play, pay to win" model.

Of course the PR dept. and fans want to renounce the latter bit but you'll know soon enough after a glimpse of game mechanism and economy.

For instance, the game allow players to buy shells that perfrorm conveniently just above the protection threshold of commonly encountered opposing tanks at the cost of extra in-game currency.

Then, the game offers various options, only available through hard cash, to support the player with his in-game economy.

If you mean to shoot their rifles from the open hatches? Sure. Just like from any other vehicle with roof hatches.

Excellent.

Even though having such a large open area around the crew compartment.

Has both advantages and disadvantages lets hope the infantry in the update cant throw

Molotov's or hand grenades.LoL

A couple of other things of interest I noticed in the screenshots that may or may not have been commented on by others:

All in all this is shaping to be an outstanding upgrade and we're not even done yet... :debile2:

Those are some real beautiful screenshots. The new models look absolutely stunning! My hat is off to the artist(s). :cvcsalut:

I agree. Great job programmers and artists. That BTR-50 looks great. Russian hardware always welcome! And those shadows go way beyond what I expected them to look like; even the barrels of the Shilka are casting shadows!

A couple of other things of interest I noticed in the screenshots that may or may not have been commented on by others:

[*]Civilian casualties on the road in this one - http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sbgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=17379&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Yeah I noticed the dead civies (well, dead in civilian clothing anyway). Their presence will add an interesting dynamic in an AO. I was wondering what those small black things scattered on the road were also.

• Members

I think I took that screenshot with default US uniforms.

Speaking of which, with multiple sides we decided to change a few habits in SB Pro as well. In this case I'm referring to camouflage selection. You already know it for uniforms, but in principle that can also be applied for vehicle textures. We will still deliver only a generic woodland, winter, and desert texture, but in the mod folder you could place different woodland textures for say, North Korea or Indonesia. We will probably also offer an "official mod" package for download installing some of these additional textures, but we can't do it for every single vehicle and every single climate type. So, you no longer select just uniform looks in the corresponding menu, but in principle also those for the (military) vehicles of a side.

Answer to BD Question, so I think there is not enough Space for all the 20 Grunts.

So 14 of them have nothing to, not only 2 of them as BD metioned..

yea I was just referring the 2 guys sitting in the open doing nothing. They could watch the back of the vehicle, it looks like there still a place for at least one of them

But yes, you are right, i forgot the 12 others in the back

2013-05-30_10.jpg.434614206b7a244ec2ae09

2013-05-30_10.jpg.434614206b7a244ec2ae09