Sneaking some new pics in there eh?

hoggydog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the survivors at Lang Vei could tell you.

Keep calm, I am no American or British, but German. For a moment I just could not resist to fall into that Anglosaxon habit regarding the French and deliver a point that was almost offering itself. It's not mot meant derogatory in general. It's like Germans needing to live with being called Krauts - despite that every German I know ishating Sauerkraut, and that includes myself.

Thanks for the head's up Hoggydog. I've been hoping to see new pics the last couple of days, and there they are. Thanks Ssnake. I've always thought the PT76 was a neat little vehicle with nice clean lines. I'm looking forward at the chance of destroying them soon.

Aside from Vietnam war pictures, I've only seen them associated with amphibious operations. How did the Russians intend to use them in Europe? Were PT76's the recon vehicle of choice before the BRDM or did they work alongside of each other? Up to what year did they serve in Europe\Russia?

Aside from Vietnam war pictures, I've only seen them associated with amphibious operations. How did the Russians intend to use them in Europe? Were PT76's the recon vehicle of choice before the BRDM or did they work alongside of each other? Up to what year did they serve in Europe\Russia?

They worked together, the Recon Bn having groupings of both.

Thanks for the head's up Hoggydog. I've been hoping to see new pics the last couple of days, and there they are. Thanks Ssnake. I've always thought the PT76 was a neat little vehicle with nice clean lines. I'm looking forward at the chance of destroying them soon.

It's a cheap solution which fits into the Soviet mindset of maintaining continuous contact. They may even lead the attack, in particular where heavy NATO vehicles would have trouble operating because of the terrain or lack of bridge support.

Soviet reconnaissance at the divisional level isn't always a distinct phase from the main operations, it can be the same thing for all practical purposes. The tradeoff in casualties is made up for in speed, timely intelligence, and constant pressure put on the enemy in the Soviet strategy in the long run, that is, you may lose more now, but you gain more in the end. This is particularly useful for the Soviets, which tended to lag in air or satellite recon. So, enemy planes are freed up for other tasks while the ground units conduct much of their own reconnaissance.

• Members
Two great additions. (Thanks Esim.)

You're welcome... and there are three more now, one of them with crew positions. :)

I was also impressed by the building in the pics.They look a lot sharper

Not all the buildings have received a facelift, but we at least managed to do it for "the dirty dozen" - the oldest buildings in the inventory.

The PT if playable will make a great recon asset.

Unfortunately, no crew positions for it.

• Members
Great stuff! 2 questions?

1)can we see some US equiptment,i love the Leo,but id like to see some US junk.

2)can we see some eqptmnt that is.......welllllll,not older than dirt.:biggrin:

M1A2 SEP - junk that you can even see from the inside out, and definitely younger than most of the dirt that I know. Yeah, I know ... that's sooo last week.

But we've just started the presentation, right? It's not as if that was it and the show's over now - far from it. But I'll have to keep something for later. :)

M1A2 SEP - junk that you can even see from the inside out, and definitely younger than most of the dirt that I know. Yeah, I know ... that's sooo last week.

But we've just started the presentation, right? It's not as if that was it and the show's over now - far from it. But I'll have to keep something for later. :)

Dont get me wrong im not complaining,I would like to see more US eqpt. if possible.Perhaps more variants of the M1 and a Stryker would be cool to,with multiple variants.:biggrin:

Apache?

Cobra?

Blackhawks?

a B2 or some CAS that flys by when the bombs r dropped.

Dismounts that fire from kneeling postion or standing.also a patrol route for the dismounts.?

illumination?

visable crewmembers?

improved engineers.

Soviet Hip helo?

i know you cant answer these,but maybe some?:biggrin:

Apache?

Cobra?

Blackhawks?

a B2 or some CAS that flys by when the bombs r dropped.

Dismounts that fire from kneeling postion or standing.also a patrol route for the dismounts.?

illumination?

visable crewmembers?

improved engineers.

Soviet Hip helo?

i know you cant answer these,but maybe some?:biggrin:

Maybe. ;)