why the AMX-13?

Stevo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Hi i was just wondering why the amx13 was chosen for the new update instead of another vehicle...

You could just as well ask why any vehicle gets chosen over another?

I don't think that there is a sensible answer possible as long as the discussion is based on your unspoken assertion that it is somehow a zero-sum game where the addition of a specific vehicle must inevitably mean the loss of some other. To the extent that any choice means to give preference to one thing over another this assertion isn't entirely wrong, but it's misleading; at the very least you'd need to point out that there is a causal relationship bertween the addition of the AMX-13 and the omission of a certain vehicle which would otherwise surely have been added. To the best of my knowledge I can honestly say that there never was such a competition.

That said, possible answers are:

• Vehicles get added because we can
  • The AMX-13 ties in with another feature that will be revealed later
  • Some in the team thought it would be a nice idea
  • Because the AMX looks funky

;)

I don't think that there is a sensible answer possible as long as the discussion is based on your unspoken assertion that it is somehow a zero-sum game where the addition of a specific vehicle must inevitably mean the loss of some other. To the extent that any choice means to give preference to one thing over another this assertion isn't entirely wrong, but it's misleading; at the very least you'd need to point out that there is a causal relationship bertween the addition of the AMX-13 and the omission of a certain vehicle which would otherwise surely have been added. To the best of my knowledge I can honestly say that there never was such a competition.

;)

AMX 30 would give French side in Cold War nicely :)

The only thing that puzzles me a little is why the 75 mm version and not the 90 or 105.

COS ITS 75MM NUMBNUTS!!! :biggrin:

How many AFVs in SB Pro PE have a 75mm gun?

(Apart from the BMP-1, which cannot hit anything that is not directly in front of and within 300m, so it doesn't really count.)

None.

(Plus this gun is pretty much a Chinese copy of the Panther gun)

(And its the same calibre as a NOD Light Tank :P )

Interesting, I wonder what this new feature that it ties in with could possibly be...

All of them? It ties into the new release.

Ssnake just laid out the possibilities of why a certain vehicle is included, a new feature is just one possibility for any of them. Another possibility is that people merely wanted it in there for the sake of having a Cold War relic in there, or for nostalgic or aesthetic reasons, just like how some other vehicles got in there even though no military customers requested them.

I don't think you should necessarily expect a new feature that comes along with it, it's just something that's nice to have in and of itself. It also shows that eSim does care enough about its subject matter to go the extra distance and include more content that isn't necessarily tied in with its military customers.

;)

Dont get me wrong i really like the fact that the AMX is included in the game,the thing is, if it's not crewable in what kind of setting would it be useable?.

Then again when u say that "maybe" some other stuff will be implemented to supplement it,then it makes sense to me...

What happens with the DCS world series,that all of the sudden they release a second world war turbo prop plane in a modern jet combat simulator,is for me somewhat confusing,like if youre gonne create missions with flankers intercepting Mustangs or something,anyhow the more vehicles the better.

And if the are of no use to create "realistic" missions they are great for on the target range...

Just my thought.