A simple (read 'dumb') wuestion

EMiner

I've been practicing my arty calling on a scenario I threw together. After studying the various attitude vales I noticed that they weren't lining up as I expected. I was basing this on my assumption that north is up in the map. But, I see that north is actually to the left in my map. I searched threads and the wiki but so far haven't found any info stating which way is north in the maps or map editor. I'm sure I'm missing something. Can someone tell me which why is up?

Thanks

But, I see that north is actually to the left in my map. I searched threads and the wiki but so far haven't found any info stating which way is north in the maps or map editor. I'm sure I'm missing something. Can someone tell me which why is up?

Thanks

North should always be on the "top" of your screen. No questions about that. (btw, what gave you the indication that north was to the left?)

If you are trying to rotate a beaten zone, the doc referenced above should help you learn which rotation matches which.

I'll add that the image shown has a beaten zone adjusted in width. The zone is rotating around its short axis. In the example, you could just as easily get the AB0018 (1600mils) rotation simply by adjusting the zone's length, rather than width. (e.g. instead of a 150x400 zone rotated 1600, just use a 400x150 zone.)

Thank you gentlemen. I was using printed copies of both those docs.

Dr.Device the reason I thought that North was the left edge of the map was that I set up a great shot on a tank. I know he'd run forward to excape my arty call so I set it with a width of 200m x 50m attitude AB0014. The shells fell and he got out from under them. No way I thought. I took a look at the map and it looked more like AB0016. So I started over, turned the amp to the left and things were fine. Maybe I clicked on the wrong attitude value to begin with, it would be the first human error.

BTW -

When the splash begins to the first shells fall in the center of the box?

In 3.0 will it be possible to enter attitude values as digits instead of presets?

Dr.Device - What does 'Beaten zone' mean? Is it a target area that has already been hit once?

"Beaten Zone" (often used in relation to MG fire) equates to "Impact Area" if you prefer.

The red box that the rounds fall into as defined by you in the mission "200 x 200" or whatever.

So if the rounds haven't fallen yet its a planned/predicted area.

If you are adjusting fire its the box you will move according to your adjustment.

If you are "repeating" then its the same box (just getting a second or subsequent treatment).