3.0 Weapon System count

Ssnake

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, there is all this discussion about how cool the new stuff is going to be and what else is going to be added is making me impatient.

My questions are: (and forgive me if they have already been answered, I can't find them on the forum)

1. Is there an update to the release date from the 4 July?

2. The Esim games website has no mention of the upcoming release, how to order or if pre orders will be available. Is this going to be updated soon?

3. Has there been a discussion on price point, and what will it be? (USD is fine)

Cheers. :)

Ok, there is all this discussion about how cool the new stuff is going to be and what else is going to be added is making me impatient.

My questions are: (and forgive me if they have already been answered, I can't find them on the forum)

2. The Esim games website has no mention of the upcoming release, how to order or if pre orders will be available. Is this going to be updated soon?

3. Has there been a discussion on price point, and what will it be? (USD is fine)

1- Likely not

2- Probably as soon as it is released. I do not remember anything about preorders from the precedent updates

3- Price has not been discussed yet afaik. I think we should expect about twice the price the usual update?

1. Nope.

2. Pre orders are unlikely (Ssnake answered that pretty much on day one).

3. Lots of discussion - no detail.

Congrats on the "promotion" BTW. ;)

• Members
How many new, playable vehicles are left what we did not see yet?

Per my list it's technically six, although some might count it as three (the line is a bit blurry, as demonstrated with the new Technicals). Also, I originally included in my unit count two that actually were playable in SB Pro PE 2.654 already, so the originally listed number needs to be reduced anyway.

Per my list it's technically six, although some might count it as three (the line is a bit blurry, as demonstrated with the new Technicals). Also, I originally included in my unit count two that actually were playable in SB Pro PE 2.654 already, so the originally listed number needs to be reduced anyway.

For me, it's significantly more. I'm still on the 2.552 version. :-)

How to say this?...

Most of my career was spent writing, publishing and/or delivering in-person very technical information in the field of huge database technology (what they call "Big Data" these days.....like those massive sets of data the NSA has been gathering). Anyway my question is along these lines:

"Is the manual going to be updated in version 3.0?"

Does 'updated' mean better quality? Sorry eSims but the manual is really a mess and mostly general in nature. Don't shoot the messenger....I love SB and all the folks who build it but I'll bet that the Technical Writing staff is rather small....

OK, fire away :)

Eric

How to say this?...

Most of my career was spent writing, publishing and/or delivering in-person very technical information in the field of huge database technology (what they call "Big Data" these days.....like those massive sets of data the NSA has been gathering). Anyway my question is along these lines:

Does 'updated' mean better quality? Sorry eSims but the manual is really a mess and mostly general in nature. Don't shoot the messenger....I love SB and all the folks who build it but I'll bet that the Technical Writing staff is rather small....

Eric

I think Ssnake is the technical writing staff. :biggrin:

How to say this?...

Eric

I like to read. So anyone write something on tactical, formation, mission making tips, vehicle tricks, planning examples, maps, opfor training missions, i send a big thank you and some virtual beer. :-)

For me its not necessary to Ssnake update the complete manual. I'm happy with some user made docs.

How to say this?...

Eric

Hi EMiner

I don't think I am breaking any NDA by disclosing that Ssnake has asked me to update/rewrite the manual for v3.0. I have plied my trade as a Technical Writer and journalist for the past 22 years, but the complexity and depth of this software makes it quite a challenge. Maybe we could cooperate on this? Certainly, I'd be pleased to learn more of your ideas. Best to contact me by email. :) Look forward to hearing from you.

• Moderators
Am I too understand all playable vehicles have now been shown? The list in this thread is now complete?

Yep, that is pretty much what that means. It means that the stuff that people wanted that wasn't shown is going to be a sore spot and topic of outrcy now (for which we have the wish list thread for that). ;)

Yep, that is pretty much what that means. It means that the stuff that people wanted that wasn't shown is going to be a sore spot and topic of outrcy now (for which we have the wish list thread for that). ;)

At least half the size of that thread was neutralized with the introduction of a cast turret something or other. :debile2:

*clap*clap*clap*

Giggidy.

+1

A truly amazing update.

Its true not every body got what they wanted.

I would have loved a playable BMP-1/2

But in fairness i don't think anybody can say it wont be value for money when released.

And lets be honest if they made everything playable what would be in 4.0 or 5.0.LoL

And i will resist the urge to start a new wish list for 3.5 LoL

Edited by Marko