Old Sound and Textures Mods

Wicked

Hi, Im guessing the old sound and textures mod will not work anymore with upcoming upgrade? Cleaning up my old files for SB. Unless you want to install old version I can delete old sound and textures mods? Thank you.

Cheers!

We shall see - in terms of sounds they will probably need some tweaking to function properly with 3.0 (most likely file name changes, addition of new sounds). Sound levels have not yet been mentioned to have changed - so I think they will essentially work with a little bit of workaround.

• Members
Hi, Im guessing the old sound and textures mod will not work anymore with upcoming upgrade? Cleaning up my old files for SB. Unless you want to install old version I can delete old sound and textures mods?

1. Steel Beasts will always work without mods.
  2. Some mods might still work - but I wouldn't know which ones
  3. In any case, we recommend to clean out the mod folder before installing SB Pro PE 3.0 (will still take a while before it'll be made available, though):
    File structures have changed, sounds have changed, we no longer work with just diffuse textures (the "skin" as to which you may have become accustomed to in the last years), but now also specular and normal maps for reflections and micro-structures.
    Sound volumes have generally changed. Few vehicle models have been left untouched. There are now nation-specific texture folders with different priorities for different file locations.

In conclusion, remove/back up the content of the mod folder. If you must, try each file after you installed SB Pro PE and see if it still works. But maybe you'll find the new sounds and textures pleasing enough that they don't require modification... ;)