Release Date!

Skyshark

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Killjoy

The big one would be some sort of WW2 add on pack.

Ssnake has made his opinion on the Subject clear.

And i do respect his reasoning for not wishing to add WW2 vehicles to a degree.

He has a point. But from a armoured vehicles enthusiasts point of view its a damn shame

There is not, Or likely to be a decent accurately made WW2 tank Sim.

Panther%2001.jpg

Patience, my pet.. Patience.

:diable:

I agree Duke.

I posted a thread a while back mentioning the possibility of using third party developers.

It was not received well. But I still think its a good idea.

There are a lot of possibility's for the Expansion of SB

The big one would be some sort of WW2 add on pack.

Ssnake has made his opinion on the Subject clear.

And i do respect his reasoning for not wishing to add WW2 vehicles to a degree.

He has a point. But from a armoured vehicles enthusiasts point of view its a damn shame

There is not, Or likely to be a decent accurately made WW2 tank Sim.

Quite a few have been made but none can match SB level of realism and detail

For WW2, I stick to the old Panzer Elite - graphics aren't too bad when modded and realism is just fine.

You can get it DRM-free from GOG:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/panzer_elite_se

hes the boss and its his product,so theyll realease it when they r satisfied.i wish theyd stop relesing dates,they r never kept(not a complaint):Crash:and then we have to endure the 2000 ''when will it be ready posts''.my comp is broke anyway so i can wait.:Crash:

For WW2, I stick to the old Panzer Elite - graphics aren't too bad when modded and realism is just fine.

Thanks KAreil.

The graphics remind me of the original SB.

I did play a demo of it, a long time ago

I did not rate it.

But the full version and mods mite make it a prospect.

I was joking about world of tanks, an arcade shooter, that has little or nothing to do with armored warfare and realism:

Things that i consider major turnoffs:

1) The drone/gunship-like WoT artillery. It minimizes what people can do on a particular map just because players try to avoid getting hit by WoT arty. What retard thought it was a good idea to include this arty system in World of Artillery/Tanks anyway?

2) Silly spotting system with tanks that disappear out in the open even if they are right in front of you. (no just no!)

3) Tank-inappropriate hitpoint system. The tier level-assigned hit points make it often impossible to compete against higher tiered vehicles because of there larger healthpool, even if they are penetrated with a large caliber shell in the side, dead center. (Nooooooooo!)

4) Often times retarded playerbase who do not know how to play properly.

5) Tiny maps that are not made for tanks in one way or another.

6) Rediculous gunspread and rediculous gun mechanics in general.

7) Silly tactics like "peek-a-boom" and close quarter tank combat called "brawling" (which would be a big no no, if the game was remotely realistic).

8) The use of the term "sniping" when engaging targets from a greater distance. As far as i know, tanks are supposed to engage targets from the greatest effective range to minimize the changes of gettinG hit themselves.

9) Some of the playerbase referring to defending players as "campers", still thinking they are playing a first person shooter like, counterstrike, Quake, Unreal Tournament,etc.

I could go on and on. :decu:

I hope War Thunders Ground Forces will be a big improvement in terms of realism and general game mechanics over the silly World of Tanks. :confused:

Can`t wait for the SB Pro PE update either :biggrin: