Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Skyshark

Release Date!

124 posts in this topic

Well the only announced date was 4th of July and then soon after that an announcement that it would be delayed.

So you are too early for the original date, let alone whenever the new one will be. :)

Awards

i thought i read the new date was sometime mid July?I could be wrong but thats what i thought.ill try and dig up the thread.

Our plan is to develop 3.0 "as it is" to the point that it "could" be released. Then we will work on the particle effects, and see how quickly we can make progress. The benefit of this solution is that there's a somewhat safe fallback option, but I must confess that I would hate to release version 3.0 with the old smoke, fire, and dust effects.

It's supposed to be shiny and new.

Our plan is to develop 3.0 "as it is" to the point that it "could" be released. Then we will work on the particle effects, and see how quickly we can make progress. The benefit of this solution is that there's a somewhat safe fallback option, but I must confess that I would hate to release version 3.0 with the old smoke, fire, and dust effects.

HA! I JUST ASKED ABOUT THIS LIKE 30 SECONDS AGO!

Nils I love ya! Well... not like that but.... okay, with 3.0, maybe just a LITTLE like that! ;)

Totally stoked to see what you boys come up with!

Looking for an update to the release of 3.0. Glad to hear ESIM working smoke and fire.

THX.

Looking for an update to the release of 3.0. Glad to hear ESIM working smoke and fire.

THX.

FIRE and BLOOD

:1:

PD next step will be the Dragons

Should start running a book on the release date, whoever guesses the correct day gets a free copy of 3.0, :)

I'm guessing 23Oct, it would make a nice birthday present, :biggrin:

Take your time - don't rush it! I think most people are happy to wait because we will get much more in the end.

Take your time

yes! fire and smoke ......................and FR beast .........:debile2:

:remybussi:

Release it now, and patch the smoke, fire and dust later if it`s ready.

We wait long enough, and it`s time to go back to work on new multiplayer campaigns.

More options in the editor, more playable vehicles, 3rd party, there is enough to explore.

best regards

Duke

Release it now, and patch the smoke, fire and dust later if it`s ready.

We wait long enough, and it`s time to go back to work on new multiplayer campaigns.

More options in the editor, more playable vehicles, 3rd party, there is enough to explore.

best regards

Duke

I agree Duke.

I posted a thread a while back mentioning the possibility of using third party developers.

It was not received well. But I still think its a good idea.

There are a lot of possibility's for the Expansion of SB

The big one would be some sort of WW2 add on pack.

Ssnake has made his opinion on the Subject clear.

And i do respect his reasoning for not wishing to add WW2 vehicles to a degree.

He has a point. But from a armoured vehicles enthusiasts point of view its a damn shame

There is not, Or likely to be a decent accurately made WW2 tank Sim.

Quite a few have been made but none can match SB level of realism and detail

Don't release a buggy mess. In the process if the new effects can be added then all is groovy.

Awards